• David is helped to escape the camp by 'the man' or one of the guards.
• David follows the man's directions to board a ship in Italy, and to continue toward Denmark.
• David fears capture, but begins to cherish his freedom, as he experiences beauty for the first time.
• David bathes in a stream and finds shelter in a cave outside a town.
• As David spends time in town at night, he learns much about people and their culture.
• David sees a baby, and is awed by its lack of ability.
• The towns people begin to notice David, and he is forced to leave.
• David loses his compass, and asks God for assistance, although he struggles to decide which God to pray to.
• He helps a man find his glasses, and he admits to the man, uncomfortably, that he doesn't know how to...
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)