* David is helped to escape the camp by 'the man' or one of the guards.
* David follows the man's directions to board a ship in Italy, and to continue toward Denmark.
* David fears capture, but begins to cherish his freedom, as he experiences beauty for the first time.
* David bathes in a stream and finds shelter in a cave outside a town.
* As David spends time in town at night, he learns much about people and their culture.
* David sees a baby, and is awed by its lack of ability.
* The towns people begin to notice David, and he is forced to leave.
* David loses his compass, and asks God for assistance, although he struggles to decide which God to pray to.
* He helps a man find his glasses, and he admits to the man, uncomfortably, that he doesn't know how to smile.
* David finds...
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)