|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Nora hear in her head?
2. How does Nora decide to go find Patch?
3. What assignment does the coach hand out?
4. Who is Vee Sky?
5. What happens to Vee when she pretends to be Nora?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nora feel about the painting on the Archangel and what happens when she is on it?
2. What is the assignment for the day in biology class?
3. What does Dorothea tell Nora she is going to do?
4. What does Patch tell Nora when she calls him?
5. Where does Nora go to school, what does she find in the biology class in the first chapter and who does she sit with in that class?
6. What happens when Nora is up to bat?
7. Who is the new person in Nora's PE class and what does he tell her and what does he do?
8. How does Nora find out something about Elliot's past and what does she find out?
9. Where do Nora, Vee, Elliot and Jules go, what does Jules do, who else is there and what does Vee talk about to Elliot?
10. What is Nora doing the next day in biology when coach is talking and what is she thinking about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Often, authors will write about "what they know," and sometimes knowing a little about the author makes the books more interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Research and give a brief biographical sketch of Becca Fitzpatrick.
2. What in Fitzpatrick's background may have helped him in writing Hush, Hush? What may have influenced the way he depicts various characters and scenes?
3. Do you think there is always some of the author's own life in his/her novels? Why or why not? Give examples.
Essay Topic 2
1. What is foreshadow? How many incidences of foreshadow are in Hush, Hush? How does foreshadow contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadow in Hush, Hush including why you believe it is foreshadow. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from Hush, Hush and your own live to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss Hush, Hush based upon the criteria you decide upon in #1 and judge if Hush, Hush is a successful novel.
3. Do you think the criteria for a successful novel should be different if it is written for adults versus young adults? Why or why not? Would most adults consider Hush, Hush a successful novel? What about young teens?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)