|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patch act like after saving Nora?
2. What happens when Elliot chooses Nora for his team?
3. Who is Marcie Millar?
4. Who is Vee Sky?
5. Why does Elliot leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nora spend her evening after the change in biology?
2. What happens when Nora and Patch get to her house?
3. Describe where Nora lives.
4. How does Nora feel when she gets off the Archangel, what does Patch ask her and what is her response?
5. What does Nora tell Elliot not to do and what does she do about Patch at the arcade?
6. What happens to Nora when she is driving home in Vee's car?
7. What does Patch tell Nora when she calls him?
8. What does the coach decide the students need to do in biology class, how does he change the class and who is most vocal about the change?
9. How do the students feel about the biology lesson in Chapter 1 and what does the coach say about it?
10. What does Dorothea tell Nora she is going to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Characters are an important part of what makes Hush, Hush interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Patch. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he always likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
2. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of Nora. What are her strengths? Her weaknesses? How does she contribute to the plot? Is she a sympathetic character? Is she ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
3. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of Vee. What are her strengths? Her weaknesses? How does she contribute to the plot? Is she a sympathetic character? Is she ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze how the setting informs the plot in Hush, Hush.
2. Trace and analyze one major theme of Hush, Hush. How is the theme represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
3. Trace and analyze two secondary themes of Hush, Hush. How are the themes represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss Hush, Hush based upon the criteria you decide upon in #1 and judge if Hush, Hush is a successful novel.
3. Do you think the criteria for a successful novel should be different if it is written for adults versus young adults? Why or why not? Would most adults consider Hush, Hush a successful novel? What about young teens?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)