|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Nora and Vee supposed to be doing when they are talking about the situation with Elliot?
(a) Taking each other's blood pressure.
(b) Reading a chapter from their biology text.
(c) Getting to know their assigned friend.
(d) Some lab work.
2. What does Patch tell Nora she can do?
(a) Ask him questions directly rather than sneaking around.
(b) Go home without Vee or Elliot.
(c) Talk to Patch's brother.
(d) Talk to Patch's parents.
3. What does Nora research on her mother's computer?
(a) Patch's claims about his family.
(b) Date homocide.
(d) Fallen angels.
4. What does Nora do when she runs downstairs?
(a) Runs outside to her car.
(b) Calls 911.
(c) Calls the dog into the house.
(d) Gets a butcher knife from the kitchen.
5. What does Coach do when he notices Vee and Nora talking?
(a) Makes them switch who is getting the blood pressure read.
(b) Sends them to the office.
(c) Makes Nora work with Patch again.
(d) Makes them sit outside the classroom.
6. Where do Vee and Nora go to eat shortly after Vee is released from the hospital?
(a) The Borderline.
(b) The beach.
(c) The Arcade.
(d) The Mall.
7. What does Nora find when she gets up to her room?
(a) The bed is made and her dirty clothes off the floor.
(b) Her mother must have straightened it.
(c) A new computer on her bed.
(d) It's been ransacked.
8. What does Nora worry about concerning her mother?
(a) Nora's mother will come to Portland looking for Nora.
(b) Nora's mother will be worried.
(c) Nora's mother won't be able to go out of town for a conference.
(d) Nora's mother will have to go home and there's no electricity.
9. What does Nora see in the mirror?
(a) A man in a black ski mask.
(c) A person who seems almost like a ghost.
(d) A note.
10. In what shape is Elliot when he comes to the farmhouse the next day?
(b) Beaten up.
11. Why does Vee think Nora is crazy?
(a) For lying to Nora's mother.
(b) For telling her mother a lie about Elliot.
(c) For passing up the opportunity to go camping.
(d) For allowing Elliot to be in the house when he is drunk.
12. What does Nora don in the restroom?
(a) A knife strapped to her thigh.
(b) A can of mace strapped to her thigh.
(c) A platinum blonde wig, miniskirt and stiletto heels.
(d) A two-way radio.
13. About what does Nora question Patch when he drives up in a Jeep?
(a) His relationship with Jules.
(b) His age.
(c) Where he got the Jeep.
(d) His family.
14. Who does Nora mention to her mother?
(c) No one.
15. What do Vee and Nora make plans to do regarding Patch?
(a) Ignore him.
(b) Get help to deal with him.
(c) Spy on him.
(d) Report him to the guidance counselor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora want to do that Vee refuses?
2. What does Elliot say they are going to do over spring break?
3. For what street is Nora searching?
4. What does Elliot demand?
5. Who wants to see Patch in Nora's vision?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)