|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora do when she runs downstairs?
(a) Runs outside to her car.
(b) Gets a butcher knife from the kitchen.
(c) Calls the dog into the house.
(d) Calls 911.
2. What is Vee's response when Nora says she thinks Elliot is guilty of murder?
(b) Vee is horrified to think that Elliot is a murderer.
(c) Vee thinks Nora needs more evidence.
(d) Vee agrees.
3. What does Patch tell Nora she can do?
(a) Talk to Patch's parents.
(b) Go home without Vee or Elliot.
(c) Ask him questions directly rather than sneaking around.
(d) Talk to Patch's brother.
4. What does Nora feign when she returns to the table?
(a) A meeting with her group for the English project.
(b) A big test at school the next day.
(d) A phone call from her mother requesting her to come home.
5. How does Nora feel about her room?
(a) She refuses to be intimidated into not enjoying her space.
(b) Okay now that the police have checked things out.
(c) No more feeling of comfort.
(d) She will not go in there any more.
6. What does Elliot demand?
(a) To show Nora a letter.
(b) To get Vee's phone number.
(c) To talk to Nora.
(d) To talk to Nora's mother.
7. What are Nora and Vee supposed to be doing when they are talking about the situation with Elliot?
(a) Taking each other's blood pressure.
(b) Getting to know their assigned friend.
(c) Reading a chapter from their biology text.
(d) Some lab work.
8. Why does Nora shower?
(a) To be ready for romance.
(b) To get away from Patch to think.
(c) To warm up.
(d) To get off the dirt from pushing the Jeep.
9. What does Nora bring up about Jules?
(a) About his supposedly being ill every time they get together..
(b) His strange tattoo.
(c) His strange teeth.
(d) His way of looking through her when talking.
10. What is Nora surprised to learn as she and Vee are headed for dinner?
(a) Two other female friends from school are joining them.
(b) Coach suggested they do this.
(c) Elliot and Jules are joining them.
(d) Patch and Jules are joining them.
11. What scares Nora when she gets home?
(a) Elliot has somehow gotten there before Nora has.
(b) The back door is wide open.
(c) Patch is there.
(d) Her mother is unexpectedly home.
12. What do Vee and Nora convince Vee's parents to let them do?
(a) Celebrate Vee's release from the hospital.
(b) Have a party.
(c) Visit Vee's aunt in New York City.
(d) Take a trip to visit a college they are considering.
13. What happens to the homeless woman after Nora leaves her?
(a) She cries.
(b) She goes to buy liquor.
(c) She is sick.
(d) She is gunned down.
14. How does Vee think Nora should treat Patch?
(a) Like he is a loaded weapon.
(b) With care.
(c) With distance.
(d) With kid gloves.
15. How does Nora get information from a waitress at Blind Joe's?
(b) Just asks.
(c) Tricking her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora reply to Vee's text?
2. What does Nora don in the restroom?
3. What does Nora give the homeless woman who gives Nora directions?
4. What is Blind Joe's?
5. What had Nora imagined that had scared her?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)