|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Patch tell Nora to stop doing?
(a) Running from him.
(b) Seeing Elliot.
(c) Avoiding the truth.
(d) Hanging out with Jules.
2. What happens when Nora tries to open her front door?
(a) Nothing; it opens normally.
(b) It falls off its hinges.
(c) It is jammed.
(d) It is unlocked.
3. How does Nora manage to get out of an awkward situation with Patch?
(a) Elliot arrives.
(b) Nora's mom calls.
(c) Dorothea arrives.
(d) Vee arrives.
4. Who is moved into Vee's usual place in class?
(a) No one.
5. Where is Vee planning to travel?
(a) Bar Harbor.
(b) Delphic Seaport.
(d) Seattle Seaport.
6. Why does Patch have to save Nora?
(a) He does not save her.
(b) She falls off the ride.
(c) She gets her foot caught in a piece of metal.
(d) She gets stuck at the top of the ride.
7. What does Nora notice when she gets out to the parking lot?
(a) Elliot is holding Vee's hand.
(b) Elliot and Jules are fighting.
(c) There is a dense fog.
(d) Vee's car is gone.
8. What does Nora know about Patch?
(a) That he is just new to school.
(b) That he is in the theater group.
(d) That he lives in a trailer.
9. Who is the most vocal complainer?
10. Why does Nora leave the Arcade?
(a) To find the bathroom.
(b) To get some cotton candy.
(c) To find Elliot.
(d) To call her mother.
11. How does Chauncey react to the boy?
(a) Chauncey becomes fearful.
(b) Chauncey laughs at the boy.
(c) Chauncey becomes submissive.
(d) Chauncey becomes enraged.
12. When is Nora's house built?
(a) 17th century.
(b) 18th century.
(c) 20th century.
(d) 19th century.
13. Who identifies himself as a jock?
(b) A new boy named Jons.
14. What does Vee not let Nora do?
(a) Ignore Patch.
(b) Go after Jules.
(c) Help Elliot drag Jules to the bathroom.
(d) Say she is tired and wants to go home.
15. Where does Nora Gray attend school?
(a) University of Maine.
(b) Dartmouth University.
(c) Coldwater High School.
(d) University of Oregon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Vee when she pretends to be Nora?
2. What does the boy demand of Chauncey?
3. How does Nora spend the evening?
4. Where does Nora find Vee?
5. How does Nora describe Patch's eyes?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)