|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nora describe Patch's eyes?
(a) Mystic grey.
(b) Seas of blue.
(c) Almost yellow.
(d) Black orbs.
2. For what does Nora say Vee has a penchant?
(b) Helping others.
3. Who has Nora's keys.
(c) No one; she lost them.
4. Who is Vee Sky?
(a) Someone Nora has seen at school but does not know.
(b) Nora's cousin.
(c) Nora's best friend.
(d) Nora's lab partner.
5. Why does Chauncey give away a silver buckle from his shoe?
(a) He gives it to his brother to pay gambling debts.
(b) He gives it to the girlfriend he leaves.
(c) He gives it to a begger.
(d) He throws it in the river.
6. What does Nora write on the first line of her essay about Patch?
7. Why does Vee give Nora a chastising look?
(a) Nora refuses to accept an invite from Patch.
(b) Nora does not want to go shopping with Vee.
(c) Nora is not going to wear make-up for her date.
(d) Nora is eating a bowl of ice cream.
8. What is wrong about Nora's health?
(a) She has psoriasis.
(b) She has lupus.
(c) She is anemic.
9. What mystifies Nora about her cell phone?
(a) It was dead and is now fully charged.
(b) Elliot's number is erased.
(c) Patch's number is in her phone contact list.
(d) Vee's number is erased.
10. How does Chauncey react to the boy?
(a) Chauncey becomes enraged.
(b) Chauncey becomes fearful.
(c) Chauncey becomes submissive.
(d) Chauncey laughs at the boy.
11. Who is teaching the biology class?
(a) Vee Sky's mother.
(b) Nora's uncle.
(c) Coach McConaughy.
(d) Nora's father.
12. What does Nora notice when she gets out to the parking lot?
(a) Elliot is holding Vee's hand.
(b) Vee's car is gone.
(c) There is a dense fog.
(d) Elliot and Jules are fighting.
13. Why does Nora chastise Vee?
(a) For trying to make Elliot jealous.
(b) For not eating her meal.
(c) For eating too much in front of the boys.
(d) For telling Patch too much about Elliot.
14. What is one aspect of Patch that Nora does not describe to Dorothea?
(a) Patch refusing to talk about himself.
(b) That Patch demanded to sit next to Nora.
(c) That Patch demanded Nora call him.
(d) Patch's deductively playful mouth.
15. Why does Elliot leave?
(a) To pay the bill.
(b) Patch hurt him in a fistfight.
(c) To get the car.
(d) To find Jules.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nora spend the evening?
2. What does the coach decide that makes every one in the class gripe?
3. What do Patch and Nora do together?
4. What does the boy have on his back?
5. Where is the opening of the story set?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)