|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Nora, Vee, Elliot and Jules go?
(a) To the boardwalk.
(b) To the movies.
(c) To the city park.
(d) To the arcade.
2. What does Nora see on the blackboard in biology class?
(a) A pop quiz.
(b) A list of phylums.
(c) A drawing of a hangman.
(d) Barbie and Ken cutouts.
3. On what street is Nora's house?
(a) Gable Lane.
(b) Pender Lane.
(c) Hawthorne Lane.
(d) Grouse Lane.
4. What mystifies Nora about her cell phone?
(a) Patch's number is in her phone contact list.
(b) Elliot's number is erased.
(c) It was dead and is now fully charged.
(d) Vee's number is erased.
5. How does Chauncey react to the boy?
(a) Chauncey becomes enraged.
(b) Chauncey becomes fearful.
(c) Chauncey laughs at the boy.
(d) Chauncey becomes submissive.
6. What does the boy who approaches Chauncey claim?
(a) The boy is of the Devil's brood.
(b) The boy is Chauncey's nephew.
(c) The boy has something that belongs to Chauncey.
(d) The boy is Chauncey's son.
7. What happens when Nora tries to open her front door?
(a) Nothing; it opens normally.
(b) It falls off its hinges.
(c) It is jammed.
(d) It is unlocked.
8. What does the coach decide that makes every one in the class gripe?
(a) They have to research and write a paper.
(b) They have to carry around a baby doll for a week.
(c) They have to go to a football game.
(d) It is time to get to know someone who each student does not know well.
9. Who identifies himself as a jock?
(a) A new boy named Jons.
10. Who is Marcie Millar?
(a) A sworn enemy to Nora and Vee.
(b) The most popular girl in school.
(c) A girl in whom Elliot is interested.
(d) A new girl at the school.
11. How does Nora spend the evening?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Writing the essay about Patch.
(c) Working on algebra homework.
(d) Workingin her garden.
12. Who has Nora's keys.
(d) No one; she lost them.
13. Where does Patch invite Nora to meet him?
(a) The Archangel.
(b) The cemetary.
(c) The Arcade.
(d) The church.
14. What is the year when the story opens?
15. What does Nora write on the first line of her essay about Patch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora know about Patch?
2. Where does Nora find Vee?
3. When is Nora's house built?
4. Why does Nora leave the Arcade?
5. Why does Elliot leave?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)