|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nora afraid to admit to Patch?
(b) That she wishes Patch would leave her alone.
(c) That she is attracted to Patch.
(d) That Patch frightens her.
2. Who is the most vocal complainer?
3. Where is the opening of the story set?
(b) Death Valley.
(d) The Loire Valley.
4. How does Nora manage to get out of an awkward situation with Patch?
(a) Elliot arrives.
(b) Vee arrives.
(c) Dorothea arrives.
(d) Nora's mom calls.
5. What is wrong about Nora's health?
(b) She has lupus.
(c) She is anemic.
(d) She has psoriasis.
6. When is Nora's house built?
(a) 20th century.
(b) 18th century.
(c) 17th century.
(d) 19th century.
7. Where do Nora, Vee, Elliot and Jules go?
(a) To the movies.
(b) To the city park.
(c) To the arcade.
(d) To the boardwalk.
8. What does Patch tell Nora to do?
(a) To let him write the essay about himself.
(b) Call him that night.
(c) To not try to find out anything about him.
(d) Just make up stuff about him.
9. What is Dorothea's new plan for herself?
(a) To travel to Australia.
(b) To think of herself as sexy.
(c) To win the lottery.
(d) To lose fifty pounds.
10. What can be assumed about people who sit together?
(a) They do not hate each other.
(b) There is no particular thing to assume.
(c) They are assigned the seats.
(d) They have done so for a reason.
11. What gives Nora the creeps?
(a) The faces of demons and fallen angels on the cars.
(b) The way Jules looks.
(c) The way she hears Patch's voice in her head.
(d) The way Patch seems to read her mind.
12. What does Patch tell Nora to stop doing?
(a) Avoiding the truth.
(b) Running from him.
(c) Seeing Elliot.
(d) Hanging out with Jules.
13. What are the kids in biology not thrilled about learning?
(a) The inside of a cat.
(b) How a frog's legs move even after death.
(c) The science of reproduction.
(d) The classifications of insects.
14. Why does Vee give Nora a chastising look?
(a) Nora does not want to go shopping with Vee.
(b) Nora is eating a bowl of ice cream.
(c) Nora refuses to accept an invite from Patch.
(d) Nora is not going to wear make-up for her date.
15. What does the boy who approaches Chauncey claim?
(a) The boy is of the Devil's brood.
(b) The boy has something that belongs to Chauncey.
(c) The boy is Chauncey's son.
(d) The boy is Chauncey's nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patch act like after saving Nora?
2. Where is Patch when Nora calls him?
3. What does Nora know about Patch?
4. Why does Nora chastise Vee?
5. What happens when Elliot chooses Nora for his team?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)