1. Where is the opening of the story set?
The Loire Valley.
2. What is the year when the story opens?
3. What does Chauncey do at the opening of the story?
Leaves his girlfriend.
4. Why does Chauncey give away a silver buckle from his shoe?
He gives it to the girlfriend he leaves.
5. Why does Chauncey not mind the dark night?
He knows his way around the grounds.
6. What does the boy who approaches Chauncey claim?
The boy is of the Devil's brood.
This section contains 4,549 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)