|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the injured Russian soldier taken?
2. Why doesn't the second torpedo ignite when it hits the Red October?
3. On the eleventh day, what activity is continuing to occur on the Red October?
4. The regular public bathhouse is used for which of the following?
5. Filitov is in what position?
Short Essay Questions
1. In relation to the plan to help some of the Russian sailors defect, what positive step occurs related to Ryan occurs on the twelfth day?
2. Why is the Konovalov ordered to stay behind?
3. What does the radiation scare do in the way to help with the defection plan of Ramius?
4. What happens to the crew of the Red October after they are in Washington?
5. Describe what the Americans find as they explore the Red October.
6. What is learned about the Ethan Allen on the tenth day?
7. Describe Jack Ryan and what he feels is most important.
8. What leads to the arrest of a congressional aide in Washington?
9. What is revealed about the inner-workings of Soviet government on the twelfth day?
10. What does the radiation scare on the Red October allow the officers to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing how it could be difficult for a man like Jack Ryan to maintain a family and why this might be the case.
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail how rank does not seem to be important aboard the USS Dallas as far as relative to helping to be an active part in finding a solution to problems. Use details from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how if one event had gone differently (event of your choice) the entire outcome of the novel may have been different. Be sure to include what that new outcome might have looked like and include some information from the novel in your writing.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)