|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Filitov go after he learns of the spy aboard the Red October?
(a) Public baths
2. Which of the following has it been confirmed by reading are involved in the defection plot on the Red October?
(a) Jack Ryan
(d) Chief Engineer
3. What additional vessel meets at the designated meeting location?
(c) Ethan Allen
4. Filitov is in what position?
(a) Chief Engineer
(c) Ministry of Defense
5. Which of the following is a nickname for the American planes during this time frame?
(a) Wild Cats
(d) Tom Cats
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Filitov located?
2. What other vessel heads off to meet the other two ships?
3. Who is Filitov's boss?
4. The regular public bathhouse is used for which of the following?
5. Which of he following characters impresses the Soviets on the Red October?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about the identity of the Cardinal?
2. What about the injured Russian, who is identified simply as a cook is suspenseful?
3. What is learned about the Ethan Allen on the tenth day?
4. Describe Jack Ryan and what he feels is most important.
5. Why do the officers on board the Kirov decide to stop all aggressive maneuvers?
6. What happens in Moscow with the Politburo after the Red October situation?
7. What is the purpose of the Ethan Allen in the plan?
8. What happens to the crew of the Red October after they are in Washington?
9. What do the American Tom Cats do to make the Russian pilots think they are attacking?
10. What does the radiation scare on the Red October allow the officers to do?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)