|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jones and Mancuso determine the unknown sound must be?
(a) False positive sounds
(b) Reverberations from their own sub
(c) The Konovalov
(d) A Russian sub
2. What evidence does Ryan have?
(a) His own books
(c) Previous defections
(d) Ramius's letter
3. Which of the following is the code name for Ryan's mission?
4. Which of the following is the captain of the USS Dallas?
5. With which character does Jack Ryan meet at the CIA?
(c) Vice Admiral Greer
(d) Skip Tyler
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jack Ryan suggest the Red October may be?
2. Why is Jack Ryan called back to the CIA?
3. Which of the following characters teaches Ramius about religion?
4. For what general reason does the USS New Jersey approach the Russian Fleet?
5. What do the officers of the suggest is causing the reactor scare?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't the Bremerton do much to track the Red October?
2. What does Jack Ryan do once Skip Tyler tells him what he thinks the purpose of the secret doors is?
3. Describe the relationship between Mancuso and Jones.
4. Why is Ramius's letter delayed in it's arrival?
5. Why did Ramius want the doctor and crew to think there was a radiation leak?
6. How did Ramius and his cohorts make the badges show high levels of radiation?
7. What do both the Konovalov and Bremerton show the reader on the second day?
8. When the Dallas reports that they believe the unknown sound is an enemy submarine, what does the US Navy order them to do?
9. Of what importance is it that Ramius was raised by his grandmother in Lithuania?
10. Name one thing that is hinted at but not explained fully on the ninth day.
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)