|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what country is the HMS Invincible?
2. Which of the following words best describes the morale on board of the Red October on the first day?
3. What is wrong with the surgeon who operates on Ramius's wife?
4. Which of the following characters teaches Ramius about religion?
(a) His grandmother
(b) His father
5. How long was Jack Ryan's nap?
(a) 8 hours
(b) 18 hours
(c) 3 hours
(d) 12 hours
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ramius explain the death of Putin?
2. Who tries to sneak up on some of the Americans, but gets caught?
3. Which of the following is the best description of the character Jack Ryan?
4. Why does Ryan go to the USS Kennedy?
5. Why is Jack Ryan called back to the CIA?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the Dallas reports that they believe the unknown sound is an enemy submarine, what does the US Navy order them to do?
2. What does Jack Ryan do once Skip Tyler tells him what he thinks the purpose of the secret doors is?
3. What do both the Konovalov and Bremerton show the reader on the second day?
4. Why are the Americans not worried that the Red October did not show up for their training exercises?
5. Who or what is Cardinal?
6. Describe the relationship between Mancuso and Jones.
7. What leads to the death of Ramius's wife?
8. Name one thing that is hinted at but not explained fully on the ninth day.
9. How does show that Ramius has given much forethought to his planned defection?
10. Which two characters entered the military even though they had other life plans?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)