|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following would Jack Ryan be least interested in?
(a) Pearl Harbor
(b) General Lee's biography
(c) Current government overthrows
(d) War of 1812
2. What does the crew of the Red October check for on the submarine?
(a) Radiation leaks
(b) A traitor
(c) A murderer
(d) Water leaks
3. Where does Jack Ryan suggest the Red October may be?
(b) In a different ocean
4. What do many of the badges checked show?
(a) Low levels of radiation
(b) Death immanent
(d) High levels of radiation
5. Which word describes the picture painted by Ramius of the Soviet government / lifestyle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Sasha's relationship to Ramius?
2. Which of the following is the name of the Russian submarine captained by Ramius?
3. How does Ramius explain the death of Putin?
4. What does the US Navy order Mancuso to do?
5. Which of the following words best describes the morale on board of the Red October on the first day?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the Dallas reports that they believe the unknown sound is an enemy submarine, what does the US Navy order them to do?
2. In what way does Jack Ryan's role change on the sixth day?
3. Write about how the CIA offices differ from those meeting places used by the Soviets?
4. What does Jack Ryan do once Skip Tyler tells him what he thinks the purpose of the secret doors is?
5. Which two characters entered the military even though they had other life plans?
6. With what mission was the Soviet Navy charged?
7. What is Ramius's reward for pretending to be loyal to the Party?
8. Describe the relationship between Mancuso and Jones.
9. Why is Ramius's letter delayed in it's arrival?
10. What does Ramius do in order to get the things he wants?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)