|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ramius plan to get his crew off of the ship?
(a) Tells them they are under attack by the Americans
(b) Sinks the ship and relies on the Americans to save them
(c) Tells them the ship is damaged and they must evacuate
(d) Simply orders them to abandon ship
2. Who assembles to fight the Russian Army?
(a) US Navy
(b) Air Force Reserve
(c) US Battleships
(d) US Navy Reserve
3. Where is Filitov located?
(b) Aboard a sub
4. Which of the following idioms describes the feelings on both sides of the conflict on the tenth day?
(a) Over the top
(b) On edge
(c) A piece of cake
(d) Blessing in disguise
5. What additional vessel meets at the designated meeting location?
(c) Ethan Allen
6. Why does the Dallas surface?
(a) To get new orders
(b) To communicate
(c) To track the Red October
(d) To avoid being tracked by a Soviet sub
7. Who kills the spy?
8. What is the name of the submarine filled with explosives for its last mission?
(a) Ethan Allen
(c) Red October
9. What does Jack Ryan take time to read while he is on board the HMS Invincible?
(a) Psychological report of defectors
(b) Detailed plans of the Red October
(c) Biography of Ramius
(d) Tyler's plan for the defection
10. Which of the follow does the Dallas not send to the Red October?
(a) Fix some of the equipment
(c) Medical assistance
11. Where was the injured Russian soldier taken?
(a) Navy hospital
(b) Russia hospital
(c) Prison hospital
(d) Lithuanian hospital
12. Who plans a political makeover of the military?
13. What message does the Invincible send to the Red October?
(a) You're being chased
(b) We won't harm you
(c) Surrender or else
(d) Do not submerge again
14. Where is Jack Ryan's family located at the end of this novel?
(d) New York City
15. Who was assigned to watch the injured Russian sailor's recovery?
(a) CIA Agent
(b) Only doctors
(c) FBI Agent
(d) KGB Agent
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Pentagon think the Soviet Navy is planning in regards to the Red October?
2. Which of he following characters impresses the Soviets on the Red October?
3. How many missiles actually made connection with an American plane?
4. What is the status of the injured Russian soldier on the eleventh day?
5. Where was Filitov?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)