|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Pentagon think the Soviet Navy is planning in regards to the Red October?
(a) Surrounding it
(b) Trapping it in a port
(c) Leading it back to Russia
(d) Sinking it in the open sea
2. Which word best describes how the Russian sailors react to what they see in the United States?
3. What do the Red October and Invincible agree to do?
(b) Ignore each other
(c) Attack one of the Russian subs together
(d) Protect each other
4. What is the status of the injured Russian soldier on the eleventh day?
(a) Some improvement
(b) Full recovery
(d) No improvement
5. Why doesn't the second torpedo ignite when it hits the Red October?
(a) The vessels are to close to each other
(b) The Red October deactivated it
(c) It is defective
(d) The Dallas destroyed the torpedo
6. Which of the follow does the Dallas not send to the Red October?
(b) Medical assistance
(c) Fix some of the equipment
7. Why does the Dallas surface?
(a) To get new orders
(b) To track the Red October
(c) To avoid being tracked by a Soviet sub
(d) To communicate
8. What does the Russian Ambassador accuse the Americans of?
(a) Kidnapping the crew of the Red October
(b) Starting a war
(c) Harming the crew of the Red October
(d) Stealing the Red October
9. How are the Russians convinced that the Red October is destroyed?
(a) Sailors that were rescued attest to the destruction of the ship
(b) Russian military official goes to see wreckage of Ethan Allen
(c) Photos are sent to Moscow
(d) The government releases a news statement
10. What happens to most of the Russian fleet on the sixteenth day?
(a) Head to the East Coast of North America
(b) Stay where they are
(c) Surrounded by the American fleet
(d) Head back to Russia
11. Who assembles to fight the Russian Army?
(a) US Battleships
(b) Air Force Reserve
(c) US Navy
(d) US Navy Reserve
12. How many missiles were fired at the American planes by the Russians?
13. What does the Pentagon want to tell the Red October on the twelfth day?
(a) That the radiation leak is real
(b) Not to approach port
(c) That they know about the defection
(d) That they have captured an injured sailor
14. How many missiles actually made connection with an American plane?
15. What happens to Williams and Ramius?
(a) Evacuated to a new ship
(b) Healed by the doctor
(c) Taken into custody
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes the condition of the injured Russian soldier?
2. Over what do the Americans and Soviets bond?
3. At the end of the novel, what happens to most of the characters?
4. Where was Filitov?
5. Who was assigned to watch the injured Russian sailor's recovery?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)