|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the submarine filled with explosives for its last mission?
(b) Red October
(d) Ethan Allen
2. What other vessel heads off to meet the other two ships?
(b) Deep sea rescue vehicle
3. What has the Dallas succeeded in doing?
(a) Destroying the Red October
(b) Finding the Ethan Allen
(c) Locking on to the Red October
(d) Decoding secret Soviet messages
4. Which of the following seems to be of most concern to Jack Ryan?
(b) Debt to country
5. Why doesn't the second torpedo ignite when it hits the Red October?
(a) The Dallas destroyed the torpedo
(b) The Red October deactivated it
(c) The vessels are to close to each other
(d) It is defective
6. In what city does the Red October end up?
(d) New York
7. Where was the injured Russian soldier taken?
(a) Navy hospital
(b) Lithuanian hospital
(c) Prison hospital
(d) Russia hospital
8. Which of the following words can be used to describe how the planes from both sides know where the other planes are located?
9. Who plans a political makeover of the military?
10. Which vessel does the pentagon decide should begin tracking the Red October?
11. Why do the officers tell the crew they will stay on board?
(a) To destroy it
(b) To create a trap for the Americans
(c) To fix the problems
(d) To safely return the ship to Russia
12. Which of the following has it been confirmed by reading are involved in the defection plot on the Red October?
(a) Jack Ryan
(c) Chief Engineer
13. Most of the incidents on the tenth day can be referred to as which of the following?
14. Weapons on both sides can best be described as what on the tenth day?
(b) On standby
(c) Prepared for attack
15. What happens to Williams and Ramius?
(a) Healed by the doctor
(b) Evacuated to a new ship
(c) Taken into custody
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following equipment can be used to track vessels and planes in the ocean?
2. What two ships accompany the Red October to its secret destination?
3. Where is the secret port?
4. Which of the following words best describes the situation on the tenth day?
5. What message does the Invincible send to the Red October?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)