|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what do the Americans and Soviets bond?
2. Which of the following idioms describes the feelings on both sides of the conflict on the tenth day?
(a) A piece of cake
(b) Blessing in disguise
(c) Over the top
(d) On edge
3. Which of the follow does the Dallas not send to the Red October?
(a) Fix some of the equipment
(d) Medical assistance
4. Which of the following ships decides to stop all aggressive movements in order to hunt for the Red October?
(c) Ethan Allen
5. How do the officers still believe the radiation leak occurred?
(a) Mechanical failure
(d) They do not know
6. Which of the following best describes how the remainder of the trip to the port went?
(a) Minor incidents
(b) Major incidents
(c) Without incident
7. Who kills the spy?
8. What happens to Ramius?
(a) He is shot
(b) Nothing happens to him
(c) He is taken into custody
(d) He boards the Invincible
9. Weapons on both sides can best be described as what on the tenth day?
(b) Prepared for attack
(d) On standby
10. Where does Filitov go after he learns of the spy aboard the Red October?
(a) Public baths
11. Which of the following words can be used to describe how the planes from both sides know where the other planes are located?
12. What message does the Invincible send to the Red October?
(a) We won't harm you
(b) You're being chased
(c) Do not submerge again
(d) Surrender or else
13. What additional vessel meets at the designated meeting location?
(c) Ethan Allen
14. In what city does the Red October end up?
(b) New York
15. Which of the following is a nickname for the American planes during this time frame?
(c) Wild Cats
(d) Tom Cats
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack Ryan take time to read while he is on board the HMS Invincible?
2. What has the Dallas succeeded in doing?
3. What does the Russian Ambassador accuse the Americans of?
4. What happens to Williams and Ramius?
5. How is the Red October attempting to keep ships at a distance?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)