|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is loaded onto the plane in North Carolina?
(a) Tyler's model of the Red October
(b) Underwater rescue vehicle
(c) Radiation Suits
(d) Soviet Spies
2. Why is Jack Ryan called back to the CIA?
(a) To study photographs
(b) To interpret a message
(c) To meet with the president
(d) To be debriefed
3. Which of the following characters is the commander of the USS Kennedy?
4. Whom does Ramius blame for his wife's death?
(b) Soviet system
5. Which word best describes how Jack Ryan feels about this movement of the Russian subs in the North Atlantic on the fifth day?
6. Which of the following is the best description of the character Jack Ryan?
(a) Military man
(b) Family man and academic
(d) Submarine captain
7. Besides military secrets what else is Jack Ryan worried about?
(a) Getting his friend access to CIA computers
(b) His next book introduction
(c) Buying Christmas presents for his daughter
(d) Book sales
8. Which word best describes the medication given to Ramius's wife after her surgery?
9. Which of the following words best describes the morale on board of the Red October on the first day?
10. What do Jones and Mancuso determine the unknown sound must be?
(a) The Konovalov
(b) Reverberations from their own sub
(c) False positive sounds
(d) A Russian sub
11. Where is Ryan sent?
(c) USS Kennedy
(d) USS Bremerton
12. What does Jack Ryan bring to his meeting?
13. Which of the following is a secret file?
14. Why did the Konovalov surface?
(a) There was a nuclear accident on board
(b) It had an accident which caused flooding
(c) It was ordered to surface by the Soviets
(d) The Red October did not show up for training
15. What has led Ramius to his current opinions?
(a) Government policies
(c) Nuclear weapon development
(d) Disciplinary procedures
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does the Russian Ambassador meet?
2. What is seen in the pictures that is worrisome?
3. Who is sent to England to inform the British government of the new mission?
4. Which of the following does the sonar surveillance system detect which is supposed to be silent?
5. Which of the following best describes Ramius's relationship with his home country?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)