|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Konovalov surface?
(a) There was a nuclear accident on board
(b) It had an accident which caused flooding
(c) The Red October did not show up for training
(d) It was ordered to surface by the Soviets
2. Which of the following words describes the act of spying?
3. Where is Ryan sent?
(a) USS Bremerton
(c) USS Kennedy
4. Why does Ryan go to the USS Kennedy?
(a) To promote his next book
(b) To tell them about the Red October
(c) To provide orders to sink the Red October
(d) To deliver secret CIA files to the Cardinal
5. Why was Ramius often distrusted as a child?
(a) Son of the Party Leader of Lithuania
(b) His religion
(c) His quiet and reserved life style
(d) His wife's outspoken views on the government
6. Which of the following is the code name for Ryan's mission?
7. What happens to the crew of the E.S. Politovskiy?
(a) Some were rescued by the USS Porgy
(b) All were returned to Russia
(c) Some were rescued by a Russian ship
(d) All were killed
8. Which of the following characters mistakenly assumes that the Americans cannot track the Red October?
9. Which word describes the picture painted by Ramius of the Soviet government / lifestyle?
10. Which of the following words best describes the morale on board of the Red October on the first day?
11. On which of the following vessels was there a significant nuclear accident which led to its destruction?
(a) USS Porgy
(b) USS Kennedy
(c) HMS Invincible
(d) E.S. Politovskiy
12. Which of the following characters is the captain of the USS Bremerton?
13. Where does Ramius plan surface the submarine?
(a) South America
(c) East Coast of North America
(d) Arctic Ocean
14. How long was Jack Ryan's nap?
(a) 18 hours
(b) 8 hours
(c) 3 hours
(d) 12 hours
15. Which of the following vessels helps the USS Kennedy?
(a) USS Dallas
(d) Red October
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes how Jack Ryan feels about this movement of the Russian subs in the North Atlantic on the fifth day?
2. What does the crew of the Red October check for on the submarine?
3. Who tries to sneak up on some of the Americans, but gets caught?
4. What does the CIA ask of Jack Ryan?
5. What does the Russian Ambassador claim the Russian Fleet is doing?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)