|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is Ryan's code name?
2. Which word best describes the medication given to Ramius's wife after her surgery?
3. Where is the Cardinal on the eighth day?
(a) In the hospital
(b) In a jail
(c) Flying back to the United States
(d) On board the Red October
4. What do many of the badges checked show?
(a) High levels of radiation
(c) Low levels of radiation
(d) Death immanent
5. Which of the following is not a synonym for sabotage?
6. What evidence does Ryan have?
(b) His own books
(c) Previous defections
(d) Ramius's letter
7. Which of the following vessels helps the USS Kennedy?
(b) Red October
(c) USS Dallas
8. Which of the following vessels was given orders to hunt down the Red October?
(a) USS Bremerton
(b) The Konovalov
(c) HMS Invincible
(d) USS Kennedy
9. Which word describes the picture painted by Ramius of the Soviet government / lifestyle?
10. What does Ryan now think the Red October is planning to do?
(a) Attack the US
(d) He still thinks it is lost
11. Which of the following characters accompanies Ryan to the USS Kennedy?
12. Who tries to sneak up on some of the Americans, but gets caught?
(a) Jack Ryan
(b) The Russian Ambassador
(c) The Cardinal
(d) A Soviet fighter pilot
13. Which of the following is a synonym for silent as it is used on this day?
14. Why does Ryan go to the USS Kennedy?
(a) To provide orders to sink the Red October
(b) To deliver secret CIA files to the Cardinal
(c) To promote his next book
(d) To tell them about the Red October
15. Why is Ryan dressed in a Navy uniform?
(a) It was the only uniform available
(b) Because he will be on a Navy ship
(c) Because he is in the Navy
(d) To keep his cover
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character detects a sound on sonar he cannot identify?
2. Which of the following is a secret spy in the Soviet Navy?
3. What is Jack Ryan's specialty as related to the military?
4. Which word best describes how Jack Ryan feels about this movement of the Russian subs in the North Atlantic on the fifth day?
5. What does the US Navy order Mancuso to do?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)