|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Konovalov assume about the Red October?
(a) It has been lost at sea
(b) It has been delayed due to Putin's death
(c) It is running late
(d) It is doing its drills just hard to detect
2. What do the officers of the suggest is causing the reactor scare?
(a) Poor Russian planning
(b) Crew inadequacy
(c) Faulty equipment
3. Which of the following characters is the captain of the USS Bremerton?
4. What does the Cardinal tell the US that the mission of all Soviet subs is?
(a) Sink the Red October
(b) Guide the Red October home
(c) Return home
(d) Hunt down Ramius
5. What are the orders for Ramius and his submarine?
(a) Training Drills
(c) Nuclear Tests
(d) Covert survelliance
6. Why is Jack Ryan called back to the CIA?
(a) To study photographs
(b) To interpret a message
(c) To be debriefed
(d) To meet with the president
7. From what country is the HMS Invincible?
8. Which of the following is the code name for Ryan's mission?
9. During what time frame does this novel take place?
(a) Vietnam War
(b) Iraq War
(c) Cold War
(d) Korean War
10. What is loaded onto the plane in North Carolina?
(a) Radiation Suits
(b) Underwater rescue vehicle
(c) Soviet Spies
(d) Tyler's model of the Red October
11. Who is coming up with a plan to allow some members of the Red October to return to Russia?
12. For what general reason does the USS New Jersey approach the Russian Fleet?
(a) To gather information
(b) To rescue a Russian crew member
(c) To blockade the Russians from moving further
(d) To build trust between the Americans and Russians
13. What is Jack Ryan's specialty as related to the military?
(b) Current world conflicts
(c) Battle plans
14. Where was Ramius raised?
15. Which of the following words describes the act of spying?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ramius explain the death of Putin?
2. Where is the Cardinal on the eighth day?
3. Which word describes the picture painted by Ramius of the Soviet government / lifestyle?
4. What has happened concerning the Soviet Navy in the North Atlantic?
5. Which of the following is the captain of the USS Dallas?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)