|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom are Ramius's father's loyalities?
(a) Himself only
(b) His family
(c) Communist Party
2. How does Ramius's wife die?
(a) Commits suicide due to horrible living conditions
(b) Complications after appendicitis
(c) Complications after pneumonia
(d) Drowns while visiting him at sea
3. Which of the following is the name of the Russian submarine captained by Ramius?
(a) November's Red
(b) Red Hunt
(c) Red Eye
(d) Red October
4. What do many of the badges checked show?
(a) Death immanent
(c) High levels of radiation
(d) Low levels of radiation
5. What does Jack Ryan want to trade for the surveillance photographs?
(a) Information about the American nuclear program
(b) Time with Admiral Greer for an interview
(c) American military secrets
(d) A present for his daughter
6. Which of the following characters is the commander of the USS Kennedy?
7. What was Tyler working on creating when Greer goes to talk to him?
(a) A model of the Red October
(b) Plans to destroy the Red October
(c) Plans to board the Red October
(d) A plan to communicate with Ramius
8. What do Jones and Mancuso determine the unknown sound must be?
(a) Reverberations from their own sub
(b) The Konovalov
(c) False positive sounds
(d) A Russian sub
9. Who is coming up with a plan to allow some members of the Red October to return to Russia?
10. Where do photographs show the major Soviet fleet at port?
(a) Western Russia
(b) The Mediteranian
(c) The East Atlantic
(d) Eastern Russia
11. With which character does Jack Ryan meet at the CIA?
(c) Vice Admiral Greer
(d) Skip Tyler
12. Where is Ryan sent?
(c) USS Kennedy
(d) USS Bremerton
13. Which word best describes the medication given to Ramius's wife after her surgery?
14. What evidence does Ryan have?
(a) Previous defections
(b) Ramius's letter
(d) His own books
15. How many submarines does Jones hear?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters accompanies Ryan to the USS Kennedy?
2. On what basis does Ramius use to select the officers for the Red October?
3. Which of the following is the path Ramius plans to take with the Red October?
4. Which of the following was a contributing factor to the nuclear accident on the Russian sub?
5. Which of the following would Jack Ryan be least interested in?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)