Short Essay Questions Key
1. Of what importance is it that Ramius was raised by his grandmother in Lithuania?
2. Why does Ramius kill Putin?
3. Why is Jack Ryan called in?
4. What are the US government officials attempting to avoid?
5. Why doesn't the Bremerton do much to track the Red October?
6. What do both the Konovalov and Bremerton show the reader on the second day?
7. Why is Ramius's letter delayed in it's arrival?
8. What does Ramius's letter tell the Soviet Navy?
9. What does Ramius do in order to get the things he wants?
10. What is Ramius's reward for pretending to be loyal to the Party?
11. What leads to the death of Ramius's wife?
12. Whom does Ramius blame for the death of his wife?
13. What is the one major issue with the photographs Jack Ryan brings back to his CIA meeting?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)