Short Essay Questions Key
1. Of what importance is it that Ramius was raised by his grandmother in Lithuania?
It is important to realize that Ramius was raised by his grandmother in Lithuania because this country was particularly resentful of the occupation of the Soviets.
2. Why does Ramius kill Putin?
Ramius kills Putin because he plans to defect and Putin is the political officer on board of the Red October and would report back to the leaders of the USSR.
3. Why is Jack Ryan called in?
Jack Ryan is called in to analyze the situation with the USSR submarine Red October.
4. What are the US government officials attempting to avoid?
The US government officials are attempting to avoid a global nuclear crisis.
5. Why doesn't the Bremerton do much to track the Red October?
The Bremerton does not imagine that the Red October would leave its normal circuit close to its port so it does not do anything special to track it.
This section contains 2,261 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)