|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Seventeenth Day, Sunday, 19 December.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of reactor as it is used in the novel so far?
(a) A thing that undergoes a reaction
(b) A device that introduces reluctance into a circuit
(c) An apparatus in which a nuclear-fission chain reaction can be started
(d) A large container or vat
2. Which of the following is not something the USS New Jersey did when they approached the Russian Fleet?
(a) Gather information
(b) Plant a spy on board one of the ships
(c) Plan a strategy to use against the Russians
(d) Examine weapons
3. Why is Konovalov waiting for the Red October?
(a) They know about the plan to defect
(b) They are not waiting for the Red October
(c) They have noticed a problem with the submarine and need to repair it
(d) They are to perform training drills together
4. Who are sent to inspect the Red October?
(a) A group of intelligence officers
(b) Members of the Senate Intelligence Committee
(c) KGB officers
(d) Members of the Invincible
5. What does Jack Ryan take time to read while he is on board the HMS Invincible?
(a) Psychological report of defectors
(b) Detailed plans of the Red October
(c) Biography of Ramius
(d) Tyler's plan for the defection
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ryan go to the USS Kennedy?
2. What do the officers of the suggest is causing the reactor scare?
3. Why was Ramius often distrusted as a child?
4. Which of the following is the most accurate description of Jones?
5. Which of the following has it been confirmed by reading are involved in the defection plot on the Red October?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)