The First Day, Friday, 3 December
• During the Cold War, Jack Ryan an analyst for the CIA is called in to provide valuable insight into the actions of a USSR submarine.
• The US desperately wants to avoid a global nuclear crisis.
• They are working together to find a way to deal with the defection of a USSR submarine captain.
• Ramius, the captain of the USSR submarine Red October, has had a complicated relationship with his government.
• Ramius has decided to defect and plans on leaving the USSR for the USA and taking his submarine with him.
• Ramius first kills the political officer on board (Putin) and makes it look like an accident to begin the process of defection.
The Second Day, Saturday, 4 December
• Ramius tells his crew they have an interesting mission.
• He tells them that they will travel through the Arctic, down the East Coast of North America...
This section contains 2,013 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)