|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like on the morning of the narrator's date with Ylayali?
2. What is the character Kierulf supposed to trade?
3. What season is it at the beginning of Part Four?
4. How does Ylayali hide her shyness at her opened corset?
(a) By scolding him.
(b) By pushing him away.
(c) By running away.
(d) By asking about his hair.
5. What is the Chief doing at the pier?
(a) Looking for the narrator.
(b) Boarding a ship.
(c) Waiting for a train.
(d) Going fishing.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does the narrator joke to himself as he talks to himself in his room?
2. What does the narrator see out of his window?
3. What is the name of the dockworker playing cards with the landlady's husband?
4. What does the narrator do as he walks out backwards?
5. Who tries breaking up the children's fight physically?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the narrator goes to the grocer's to ask for a candle on credit?
2. Why does the narrator not eat all of his cakes?
3. Who lives in the family room?
4. How does Queeny offend the narrator?
5. How does the narrator react to seeing Ylayali with 'The Duke'?
6. How does Queeny say he knows Ylayali?
7. Describe how the narrator leaves Ylayali's apartment.
8. Why do Ylayali and the narrator go up to her apartment?
9. What happens to make the narrator lose faith in his play?
10. A few days later, why is the narrator still sleeping in the family room?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)