|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound does the narrator hear when he is working in the sailor's room?
(b) A fight.
2. What does the narrator want to give to the small boy who had been spat upon?
(a) A letter.
(b) A krone.
(c) His pencil.
(d) His last cake.
3. What language does the sailor on board the Copégoro speak?
4. About what does the narrator joke to himself as he talks to himself in his room?
(c) His landlady.
5. What does the narrator see out of his window?
(a) A fire.
(b) An apothecary.
(c) A courtyard.
(d) Children playing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which day is the narrator to meet Ylayali?
2. Who does the narrator say invented conscience?
3. Who tries breaking up the children's fight physically?
4. What color dress is Ylayali wearing when the narrator sees her with The Duke?
5. What part of the narrator's body is injured when he is hit by the cart?
Short Essay Questions
1. A few days later, why is the narrator still sleeping in the family room?
2. How does the narrator act towards Ylayali once they are upstairs?
3. Why is the narrator moved into the family room?
4. Why do you think Ylayali is disappointed in the narrator?
5. How does the narrator react to seeing Ylayali with 'The Duke'?
6. How does Queeny say he knows Ylayali?
7. How does the narrator dodge the street whore's invitation?
8. Who lives in the family room?
9. Why exactly does the narrator refuse the Chief's offer of an advance?
10. How does Queeny offend the narrator?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)