|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At whom does the narrator throw his money?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A cake-seller.
(c) The police.
(d) His landlady.
2. Who does the narrator see first on the morning of his eviction?
3. What does the sailor say they need?
(b) More supplies.
(c) A young man.
(d) An experienced sailor.
4. How does Ylayali hide her shyness at her opened corset?
(a) By asking about his hair.
(b) By scolding him.
(c) By pushing him away.
(d) By running away.
5. About what does the narrator joke to himself as he talks to himself in his room?
(c) His landlady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator want to portray burning in a bookshop?
2. What reason does the narrator give for abandoning his chance at warm lodgings?
3. What does the narrator think the guest who takes his room does for a living?
4. What language does the sailor on board the Copégoro speak?
5. What does the narrator want to do before leaving Ylayali?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator still try to force himself upon Ylayali?
2. How does Queeny offend the narrator?
3. Why does the narrator put himself in view of The Chief?
4. How does the narrator dodge the street whore's invitation?
5. How does Queeny say he knows Ylayali?
6. What ails the narrator at the start of Part 3?
7. What convinces the narrator that he is sane?
8. Where does the narrator decide to live?
9. Why do Ylayali and the narrator go up to her apartment?
10. Why is the narrator moved into the family room?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)