|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what are the walls of the final chamber made in the narrator's fantasy?
2. Where does the old man tell the narrator he had been the day before?
3. What color are the feathers in the women's hats?
4. Where does the narrator decide to sleep for the night?
(a) The woods.
(b) His old apartment.
(c) With family.
(d) An inn.
5. What name does the narrator give to the Officer on Duty?
(a) Andreas Tangen.
(c) Hans Pauli.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical feature of the woman outside the butcher's shop nauseates the narrator?
2. Why does the narrator's friend not buy anything from him?
3. What is the old man's profession?
4. What does the narrator owe Hans Pauli?
5. Who does the narrator overtake as he leaves the park to return to the pawnshop?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator react to Queeny's advice on tailors?
2. How do the policemen throughout the novel treat the narrator?
3. What story does the narrator tell the old man?
4. Why is the narrator embarrassed by his blanket, and what does he do with it?
5. How does the narrator react to the organ-grinder's daughter's silence?
6. How do the hayracks treat the narrator?
7. Describe the narrator's apartment at the beginning of the novel.
8. Why does the narrator start crying?
9. Why is the narrator glad when the stable-boy asks him for five kroner?
10. What criticism does the editor give the narrator over his articles?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)