|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the narrator compare the wastebasket in the editor's office?
(a) Dragon's maw.
(b) Lion's maw.
(c) Endless pit.
(d) Wolf's maw.
2. Where does the narrator say he is sending the package?
3. What color are the feathers in the women's hats?
4. Why does the narrator's friend not buy anything from him?
(a) He has no money.
(b) He is unfriendly.
(c) He is uninterested.
(d) He is offended.
5. What of the narrator's is whipped by the hayracks?
(a) His hat.
(b) His back.
(c) His bundle.
(d) His legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what are the walls of the final chamber made in the narrator's fantasy?
2. What does the narrator decide to sell to his friend in addition to barber's coupons?
3. What does the narrator find in his pawned waistcoat pocket?
4. What does the narrator tell Queeny is in his package?
5. What does the narrator leave behind when he is asked to move on by the policeman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator think of his banker friend?
2. For what does C. Zacharias Bartel think the narrator has visited him, and why does he not want the narrator to see it?
3. Why does the narrator give his banker friend his tie?
4. How does the narrator treat the two women?
5. How does the narrator view the red rocking chair when he decides to leave his apartment for good?
6. Why is the narrator put into a reserved cell?
7. Why do the passers-by anger the narrator?
8. Why is the narrator embarrassed by his blanket, and what does he do with it?
9. Why does the narrator decide to return to his old apartment?
10. Why does the narrator suspect Scissors of trying to drive him away?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)