|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color dress is Ylayali wearing when the narrator sees her with The Duke?
2. Who tries breaking up the children's fight physically?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The landlady.
(c) The landlady's son.
(d) A policeman.
3. Where does the narrator resort to writing after losing his room?
(a) The hall.
(b) The street.
(c) The stairway.
(d) The roof.
4. What does the narrator see out of his window?
(a) Children playing.
(b) An apothecary.
(c) A fire.
(d) A courtyard.
5. Who does the narrator say invented conscience?
6. What is the landlady doing while the narrator is trying to write in the family-room?
7. What does the narrator want to portray burning in a bookshop?
(d) The poor.
8. What does the landlord call the old man?
(a) Old pig.
(b) Old donkey.
(c) Old goat.
(d) Old horse.
9. Where is the Copégoro going after Leeds?
(c) New York.
10. What is the Copégoro unloading?
11. What does the narrator think the guest who takes his room does for a living?
(a) An actor.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A politician.
12. Where had Queeny met Ylayali for the first time?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) By the river.
(d) By a bookstore.
13. Who is the main character of the narrator's proposed play, 'The Sign of the Cross'?
(a) A priest.
(b) A nun.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A widow.
14. What does the narrator do as he walks out backwards?
(a) Trips and falls.
(b) Bumps his head.
(c) Bumps his shoulder.
(d) Collapses on his injured foot.
15. How does the narrator act on leaving Ylayali?
Short Answer Questions
1. On which floor is the narrator's guest room in the Food and Lodging for Travellers?
2. For what does the narrator ask from the lame man at the railway pier?
3. How does the narrator see Ylayali when she reaches her hand out to him as he leaves?
4. For what does Ylayali reach that tells the narrator she wants him to leave?
5. What does the narrator knock over as he struggles with Ylayali?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)