Short Answer Questions Key
1. What newspaper covers the walls of the narrator's apartment?
The Morning Times.
2. What type of business does Fabian Olsen own?
3. What is the time of year at the beginning of the novel?
4. What does the narrator say is the nicest object in his apartment?
The rocking chair.
5. What is the narrator rejected at the fire department for wearing?
6. What physical feature of the woman outside the butcher's shop nauseates the narrator?
Her single yellow tooth.
7. What is the woman thinking of buying from the butcher's shop?
8. What does the narrator owe Hans Pauli?
This section contains 3,438 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)