|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, pages 145-168.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Chief doing at the pier?
(a) Looking for the narrator.
(b) Going fishing.
(c) Waiting for a train.
(d) Boarding a ship.
2. What does the narrator tell Queeny is in his package?
3. Why does the narrator go into the grocery shop again after taking the extra change?
(a) To steal a loaf of bread.
(b) To confess.
(c) To borrow another candle.
(d) To try and get more.
4. For what does the narrator ask from the lame man at the railway pier?
5. For which paper does the narrator say he works?
(a) Evening Times.
(b) Afternoon Times.
(d) Morning Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is the woman in black's umbrella ring made?
2. By what is the girl shocked when she comes up to the narrator in the street?
3. Of what are the walls of the final chamber made in the narrator's fantasy?
4. Where is the editor sitting when the narrator arrives back at the newspaper office?
5. Where does the narrator pass as he walks home from stealing a cab ride?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)