|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, pages 82-113.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't the narrator sell his glasses?
(a) They're scratched.
(b) They're broken.
(c) They're steel-rimmed.
(d) They're bent.
2. What does Miss Andersen sell?
3. Who does the narrator tell the engineer the woman in black is?
(a) His wife.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His fiancée.
4. In his desperation, what does the narrator intend to sell to the pawnbroker?
(a) His trousers.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His buttons.
5. Of what are the walls of the final chamber made in the narrator's fantasy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator try for money right after being refused by Cisler?
2. What lights the narrator's cell?
3. What does the narrator owe Hans Pauli?
4. What does the old man say he needs money to buy?
5. What does the narrator buy for his breakfast?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)