|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, pages 82-113.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item of clothing does the narrator pawn?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His waistcoat.
(c) His glasses.
(d) His shirt.
2. What do the narrator and engineer drink?
3. What does the narrator find in his pawned waistcoat pocket?
(a) An invitation.
(b) An address.
(c) Pawnshop tickets.
4. Why can't the narrator sell his glasses?
(a) They're bent.
(b) They're steel-rimmed.
(c) They're broken.
(d) They're scratched.
5. What physical feature of the woman outside the butcher's shop nauseates the narrator?
(a) Her single yellow tooth.
(b) An amputated leg.
(c) Her scarred face.
(d) Her single eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the clerk at Semb's is wrapped in his blanket?
2. What is the narrator tempted to steal from the marketplace?
3. Of what country does the narrator say his landlord was Prime Minister?
4. What tickets does the Officer of the Day hand out?
5. What does the narrator try to give to the organ-grinder's daughter for her father?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)