|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pages 35-49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can the narrator hear coming from the Student's Promenade?
(a) Loud laughter.
(b) Band music.
(c) Voices arguing.
(d) A student shouting.
2. What is the woman outside the pawnshop carrying when the narrator leaves the building for the second time?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A small dog.
(c) A bunch of flowers.
(d) A hat box.
3. What does the narrator buy for his breakfast?
(a) Some eggs.
(b) A plate of potatoes.
(c) Bread and cheese.
(d) A side of beef.
4. What is the narrator rejected at the fire department for wearing?
(a) His hat.
(b) His worn trousers.
(c) No shoes.
(d) His glasses.
5. What does the narrator intend to buy with the remaining money?
(a) Some soap.
(b) Some paper.
(d) A new shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator call the woman who appears at the window of 2 St. Olaf's Place?
2. What does the narrator offer the old man who sits down on his bench?
3. Where does the narrator decide to sleep for the night?
4. What are the two gentlemen doing while sitting on the narrator's seat?
5. Where does the narrator say he is sending the package?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)