|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pages 35-49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator offer the old man who sits down on his bench?
(a) His painting.
(b) A drink.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) His coupons.
2. Where does the narrator say he is sending the package?
3. What kind of job opening does the narrator see?
4. What does the narrator tell the clerk at Semb's is wrapped in his blanket?
(a) Important documents.
(b) A sculpture.
(c) Two vases.
(d) A dove.
5. What is the old man's profession?
(a) A welt binder.
(b) A tanner.
(c) A builder.
(d) A blacksmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of clothing does the narrator pawn?
2. What is in the old man's paper-wrapped package in the end?
3. Of what country does the narrator say his landlord was Prime Minister?
4. To what does the narrator liken the old man as he climbs the hill?
5. Where does the narrator decide to sleep for the night?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)