|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pages 35-49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what country does the narrator say his landlord was Prime Minister?
2. For what reason does C. Zacharias Bartel think the narrator has visited him?
(c) A painting.
(d) A bed for the night.
3. What does the old man say he needs money to buy?
(a) A glass of milk.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A pair of shoes.
4. To what does the narrator liken the old man as he climbs the hill?
(a) A fish.
(b) A mule.
(c) A bear.
(d) An insect.
5. On which floor of the apartment building is the pawnshop on Pile Street?
(a) The ground floor.
(b) The second floor.
(c) The attic.
(d) The basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Queeny is in his package?
2. What is in the old man's paper-wrapped package in the end?
3. What does the narrator claim the woman is losing?
4. What newspaper covers the walls of the narrator's apartment?
5. What physical feature of the woman outside the butcher's shop nauseates the narrator?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)