|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pages 35-49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does C. Zacharias Bartel think the narrator has visited him?
(a) A painting.
(c) A bed for the night.
2. Why does the narrator give up on his idea of writing "Crimes of the Future"?
(a) It is too elementary.
(b) It is too boring.
(c) It is too complicated.
(d) It is too long-winded.
3. What is the woman outside the pawnshop carrying when the narrator leaves the building for the second time?
(a) A hat box.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A small dog.
(d) A bunch of flowers.
4. What falls out of the narrator's pocket as he takes out his papers?
(a) A pamphlet.
(b) Barber coupons.
(c) A check.
(d) A small painting.
5. What is in the old man's paper-wrapped package in the end?
(c) Carpenter's tools.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the old man's profession?
2. What does the narrator worry about as he sits outside Our Saviour's Church?
3. To what does the narrator liken the old man as he climbs the hill?
4. Where does the old man tell the narrator he had been the day before?
5. Where is the editor sitting when the narrator arrives back at the newspaper office?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)