|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pages 19-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what does the old man stare when the narrator gives him his the money?
(a) His feet.
(b) The bakery.
(c) The narrator's trousers.
(d) The sky.
2. Where does the narrator tell the old man he lives?
(a) Royal Gardens.
(b) Karl Johan Street.
(c) Graensen Street.
(d) St. Olaf's Place.
3. What physical feature of the woman outside the butcher's shop nauseates the narrator?
(a) An amputated leg.
(b) Her single eye.
(c) Her scarred face.
(d) Her single yellow tooth.
4. What does the narrator say his landlord does for a profession?
(a) A shipworker.
(b) A businessman.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A stevedore.
5. What does the narrator owe Hans Pauli?
(a) A blanket.
(b) Some money.
(c) A pair of trousers.
(d) A pair of shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the old man's profession?
2. What is the woman thinking of buying from the butcher's shop?
3. What can the narrator hear coming from the Student's Promenade?
4. What has the narrator left in the pawn shop?
5. What does the narrator offer the old man who sits down on his bench?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)