|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pages 19-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the time of year at the beginning of the novel?
2. What does the narrator find in his pawned waistcoat pocket?
(a) Pawnshop tickets.
(c) An invitation.
(d) An address.
3. Why does the narrator give up on his idea of writing "Crimes of the Future"?
(a) It is too long-winded.
(b) It is too boring.
(c) It is too elementary.
(d) It is too complicated.
4. What can the narrator hear coming from the Student's Promenade?
(a) Band music.
(b) A student shouting.
(c) Voices arguing.
(d) Loud laughter.
5. What are the two gentlemen doing while sitting on the narrator's seat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator call the woman who appears at the window of 2 St. Olaf's Place?
2. What color are the feathers in the women's hats?
3. What does the narrator decide to do to the woman?
4. On which floor of the apartment building is the pawnshop on Pile Street?
5. What falls out of the narrator's pocket as he takes out his papers?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)