|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, pages 185-199.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What of the narrator's is whipped by the hayracks?
(a) His back.
(b) His bundle.
(c) His legs.
(d) His hat.
2. Of what are the walls of the final chamber made in the narrator's fantasy?
3. What does the policeman see inside the paper cone?
(a) A feather.
(b) A krone.
4. Where does the narrator decide to go to write for the day after seeing Hans Pauli?
(a) The public library.
(b) Back home.
(c) The public gardens.
(d) The riverside.
5. Why does Ylayali move away when the narrator tries to take her hand the first time?
(a) She doesn't like his appearance.
(b) She is testing him.
(c) He is too bold.
(d) He bores her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the character Kierulf supposed to trade?
2. Who does the narrator overtake as he leaves the park to return to the pawnshop?
3. How does the narrator see Ylayali when she reaches her hand out to him as he leaves?
4. For what change does the editor ask in the sketch?
5. Of what object belonging to Ylayali's does the narrator think when he sees the green-haired Christ on the wall?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)