|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, pages 185-199.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which floor of the apartment building is the pawnshop on Pile Street?
(a) The ground floor.
(b) The attic.
(c) The basement.
(d) The second floor.
2. How does the narrator see Ylayali when she reaches her hand out to him as he leaves?
(a) With adoration.
(b) With fear.
(c) With loathing.
(d) With mistrust.
3. By what is the girl shocked when she comes up to the narrator in the street?
(a) His face.
(b) His jewelry.
(c) His trousers.
(d) His shoes.
4. What do their two beating hearts sound like to the narrator?
5. Who tries breaking up the children's fight physically?
(a) The landlady's son.
(b) A policeman.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The landlady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator decide to do to the woman?
2. Where does the old man tell the narrator he had been the day before?
3. What has the narrator lost when he arrives back home?
4. What is the woman outside the pawnshop carrying when the narrator leaves the building for the second time?
5. What body part does the narrator try to bite off in a fit of hunger?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)