|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pages 49-61.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the editor sitting when the narrator arrives back at the newspaper office?
(a) Facing the wall.
(b) Behind the door.
(c) Facing the window.
(d) Watching the door.
2. What does the narrator decide to sell to his friend in addition to barber's coupons?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His jacket.
(c) His tie.
(d) His blanket.
3. Where does the old man tell the narrator he had been the day before?
4. Who does Queeny recommend to the narrator?
(a) His seamstress.
(b) His publisher.
(c) His butcher.
(d) His tailor.
5. What does the narrator find in his pawned waistcoat pocket?
(a) An address.
(c) An invitation.
(d) Pawnshop tickets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does the guard at the firehouse carry?
2. What kind of job opening does the narrator see?
3. For whom does the narrator ask at the third-floor apartment?
4. Where is the narrator sitting at the beginning of Part Two?
5. What is the woman thinking of buying from the butcher's shop?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)