|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pages 49-61.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wakes the narrator when he falls asleep on the park bench
(a) The old man.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A park attendant.
(d) His landlady.
2. What does the old man say he needs money to buy?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A glass of milk.
(c) A loaf of bread.
3. What is the narrator tempted to steal from the marketplace?
4. Where is the editor sitting when the narrator arrives back at the newspaper office?
(a) Behind the door.
(b) Watching the door.
(c) Facing the window.
(d) Facing the wall.
5. On which floor of the apartment building is the pawnshop on Pile Street?
(a) The ground floor.
(b) The second floor.
(c) The attic.
(d) The basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Christie decide against employing the narrator?
2. Who does Queeny recommend to the narrator?
3. Of whom does the stonecutter remind the narrator?
4. Where does the narrator decide to sleep for the night?
5. What does the narrator call the pawnshop owner?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)