|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pages 49-61.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has sent the letter to him?
(a) Hans Pauli.
(b) The police.
(c) The editor.
(d) His landlady.
2. What has the narrator left in the pawn shop?
(a) His pen.
(b) His writing paper.
(c) His pencil.
(d) His cap.
3. Why does Mr. Christie decide against employing the narrator?
(a) Bad handwriting on the application.
(b) Wrong date on the application.
(c) Doesn't like his appearance.
(d) Doesn't like his name.
4. At what does the old man stare when the narrator gives him his the money?
(a) The sky.
(b) The narrator's trousers.
(c) His feet.
(d) The bakery.
5. What does the policeman see inside the paper cone?
(b) A krone.
(d) A feather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what country does the narrator say his landlord was Prime Minister?
2. What is the woman outside the pawnshop carrying when the narrator leaves the building for the second time?
3. What does Miss Andersen sell?
4. What does the narrator owe Hans Pauli?
5. What does the narrator call the woman who appears at the window of 2 St. Olaf's Place?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)