|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, pages 114-145.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator's friend not buy anything from him?
(a) He is offended.
(b) He has no money.
(c) He is unfriendly.
(d) He is uninterested.
2. Who is the cripple on the railway pier?
(a) The editor.
(b) The welt-binder.
(c) Jans the stable boy.
3. Where is the editor sitting when the narrator arrives back at the newspaper office?
(a) Behind the door.
(b) Facing the wall.
(c) Watching the door.
(d) Facing the window.
4. What does the narrator find in his pawned waistcoat pocket?
(a) An address.
(c) An invitation.
(d) Pawnshop tickets.
5. What is the stonecutter wearing in the Cemetery of Christ?
(a) A green cap.
(b) Black polished shoes.
(c) Blue spectacles.
(d) Red overalls.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what is the narrator hit?
2. What is the woman outside the pawnshop carrying when the narrator leaves the building for the second time?
3. Of whom does the stonecutter remind the narrator?
4. About whom is the narrator's sketch?
5. Of what is Princess Ylayali's throne made?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)