|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of the master essay that Charlie has been writing for years?
2. Who does Cantabile bring with him to visit Charlie?
(a) His wife's friend from college.
(b) His wife.
3. Where is Charlie's family originally from?
4. Where does Cantabile want Charlie to go with him once they meet in the street outside the Baths?
(a) To a deserted alley.
(b) To the sauna.
(c) To his car.
(d) To the bathroom.
5. What does Charlie's lawyer, Tomchek, want Charlie to do after meeting in chambers with the judge?
(b) Get in touch with Cantabile.
(c) Go on with a trial.
(d) Fire him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank Tigler die?
2. Where does Humboldt end up dying?
3. Why does Srole think Urbanovich wants to help Denise?
4. Who is Pierre Thaxter?
5. What happens to Hildenfisch at the racquet ball club?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between Charlie's ex-wife, Denise, and his new girlfriend, Renata?
2. Why does George dislike Dick Durnwald?
3. When Judge Urbanovich questions Charlie about his frequent trips to Europe, what does Charlie come to realize about Chicago and the judge?
4. What does Charlie think Cantabile's rank and place in the organized crime world is?
5. What does meeting Naomi Lutz, Charlie's school-days' sweetheart, lead him to thoughts of?
6. Charlie Citrine, as an elderly man, looks for something along the curbs in Chicago. What does he search for and why?
7. Which of Charlie's family members does he briefly compare Langobardi to?
8. How does Charlie come to be blamed for Humboldt's admittance to Bellevue?
9. What are Charlie's ideas concerning boredom?
10. What does the protagonist mean when it is stated that, ". . . after all Broadway adjoins the garment district and blends with it?"
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)