|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Humboldt tell Charlie he is charging him with in a lawsuit?
(d) Breach of contract.
2. How do Renata and Charlie first meet?
(a) They meet in re-hab.
(b) They meet on-line.
(c) They are on jury duty together.
(d) They are on a blind date.
3. What does Charlie want to do when Scaccia demands money from him on behalf of Humboldt?
(a) Tell him off.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Call Humboldt.
(d) Leave town.
4. How much money does Charlie lose at the poker game, including what he loses to Rinaldo?
(a) One thousand dollars.
(b) Four hundred fifty dollars.
(c) Six hundred dollars.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
5. Who does Cantabile bring with him to visit Charlie?
(c) His wife.
(d) His wife's friend from college.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Denise's attitude changed when she leaves the judge's chambers?
2. What idea does Cantabile have that makes Charlie point his gun at him?
3. Why does Humboldt sneak into Dr. Longstaff's private elevator and have a meeting with him?
4. What kind of business does Frank Tigler own?
5. What college does Charlie Citrine attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between Charlie's ex-wife, Denise, and his new girlfriend, Renata?
2. Why does the Judge want to Charlie to post a large bail bond?
3. How does Denise keep up-to-date on world news to prepare for a cultural evening at the White House?
4. Humboldt basically dies a failure in society's eyes. What, upon his death, brings him back to prominence?
5. Which of Charlie's family members does he briefly compare Langobardi to?
6. How does Charlie come to be blamed for Humboldt's admittance to Bellevue?
7. What does Canabile seem to want from Charlie other than help for his wife?
8. What is the connection between Charlie's friend, George Swiebel, and Renata's former husband, Gaylord Koffritz?
9. What does meeting Naomi Lutz, Charlie's school-days' sweetheart, lead him to thoughts of?
10. When Charlie returns to Chicago after ignoring Humboldt on the streets of New York, he tells Denise about the incident. What, in his story about being on the helicopter with Dr. Longstaff from the old days, is ironic?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)