|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cantabile bring with him to visit Charlie?
(b) His wife.
(c) His wife's friend from college.
2. When Humboldt releases himself from Mt. Sinai and begins to sue people, why does he not sue Charlie right away?
(a) He is hoping Charlie will produce Kathleen.
(b) He still feels friendly towards Charlie.
(c) He has no energy left for it.
(d) He is waiting to see if Von Trenck makes money.
3. Who arranges for Renata and Charlie to get together at a subway bar?
4. Who is Gaylord Koffritz?
(a) The judge at the divorce trial.
(b) A dear friend of Charlie's.
(c) Denise's lawyer.
(d) Renata's former husband.
5. Who is President of the United States when Charlie and his then-wife, Denise, are invited to the White House?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Desperate Ambrose?
2. What is the subject of the master essay that Charlie has been writing for years?
3. What is the title of of Von Humboldt Fleisher's book of ballads?
4. Which Presidential election outcome was a personal disaster to Humboldt?
5. Who arranges to meet with Charlie at the Art Institute?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Judge want to Charlie to post a large bail bond?
2. Charlie goes to the Russian Baths to give Cantabile his money. What is Cantabile's demeanor like when he gets out of his car to meet Charlie outside the Baths?
3. What does Charlie think Cantabile's rank and place in the organized crime world is?
4. Why does George dislike Dick Durnwald?
5. What does Canabile seem to want from Charlie other than help for his wife?
6. Charlie plays racquetball with Vito LangobardiIn, a big-time hoodlum. In what way is Charlie attached to Vito?
7. Why does Pierre Thaxter rush to get into Cantabile's car and forgo buying the fish knives he had set out to purchase?
8. Humboldt basically dies a failure in society's eyes. What, upon his death, brings him back to prominence?
9. What is the connection between Charlie's friend, George Swiebel, and Renata's former husband, Gaylord Koffritz?
10. According to Humboldt, what is the only art intellectuals can be interested in?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)