|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Renata and Charlie first meet?
(a) They meet in re-hab.
(b) They meet on-line.
(c) They are on jury duty together.
(d) They are on a blind date.
2. Who became Humboldt's best friend after he felt Charlie deceived him?
3. What is Charlie's original family name?
4. Why does Cantabile take Charlie to the Playboy Club?
(a) To meet Mike Schneiderman.
(b) To finally collect his money.
(c) To have a few drinks together.
(d) He needs to relax in the sauna.
5. According to Judge Urbanovich, what is Charlie's problem in this case?
(a) He cannot get a divorce.
(b) His ability to earn large sums.
(c) He lives in Chicago.
(d) He is too poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Humboldt think he and Charlie should do in light of the new US administration?
2. What is Canatbile's wife doing her doctoral thesis on?
3. Who is responsible for Life magazine commissioning an article from Charlie?
4. What is the title of Steiner's book of meditative exerciess?
5. What does Humboldt say about Citrine winning the Pulitzer Prize for his book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Humboldt cashes in Charlie's "blood-brother" check. How is this done at a very bad time in Charlie's life?
2. Why does Charlie continue to have a relationship with Pierre Thaxter?
3. How do Charlie and Renata first get together?
4. In what way is Scaccia, the detective, blackmailing Charlie?
5. What is the difference between Charlie's ex-wife, Denise, and his new girlfriend, Renata?
6. Why does George dislike Dick Durnwald?
7. Why does the Judge want to Charlie to post a large bail bond?
8. What is Humboldt's reaction when Charlie tells him that the Chair, Ricketts, cannot give Humboldt a Poetry Chair because of budgetary reasons?
9. Which of Charlie's family members does he briefly compare Langobardi to?
10. Charlie Citrine, as an elderly man, looks for something along the curbs in Chicago. What does he search for and why?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)