|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Srole think Urbanovich wants to help Denise?
(a) He hates Charlie.
(b) It is a fun case to him.
(c) He is attracted to her.
(d) He wants to be rid of this ridiculous case.
2. Who is the poker game at George's house organized around?
(a) The tuxedo-renting Lithuanian.
(b) An undertaker.
(d) Rinaldo and his cousin.
3. Where is Charlie's family originally from?
4. In which decade did Von Humboldt Fleisher publish his book of ballads?
(a) The Forties.
(b) The Fifties.
(c) The Thirties.
(d) The Twenties.
5. Which Presidential election outcome was a personal disaster to Humboldt?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Forrest Tomchek?
2. While sitting trapped in Cantabile's car, Charlie thinks of a philosophical conversation he often had with someone. Who is this person?
3. Who is Gaylord Koffritz?
4. What is the title of of Von Humboldt Fleisher's book of ballads?
5. According to Mickey, who owns the Baths?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Charlie thinks about oblivion and death as being all we have to expect out of this world, what options present themselves to him in order to meet this end?
2. Charlie plays racquetball with Vito LangobardiIn, a big-time hoodlum. In what way is Charlie attached to Vito?
3. Why does Pierre Thaxter rush to get into Cantabile's car and forgo buying the fish knives he had set out to purchase?
4. Why does Charlie continue to have a relationship with Pierre Thaxter?
5. Why does Naomi beg George to take her son with him to Africa?
6. What is the state of Charlie's life and state of mind in Section 16 as he lives in Madrid?
7. When Judge Urbanovich questions Charlie about his frequent trips to Europe, what does Charlie come to realize about Chicago and the judge?
8. Why does George's beryllium mining scheme not seem as far-fetched to Charlie now as it once did?
9. What are Charlie's ideas concerning boredom?
10. What are Renata's opinions about Charlie's thoughts about death?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)