Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hires the psychiatrist, specializing in sex, for Charlie to talk with?
2. Who is Signor Caldofreddo?
(a) Charlie's tailor.
(b) An associate of Cantabile's.
(c) A character in Humboldt and Charlie's movie script.
(d) Humboldt's personal physician.
3. Who is the poker game at George's house organized around?
(b) The tuxedo-renting Lithuanian.
(c) Rinaldo and his cousin.
(d) An undertaker.
4. What kind of flower does Charlie see Rinaldo as?
(a) A white calla lily.
(b) A venus fly trap.
(c) A tiger lily.
(d) A hawthorn.
5. Why is Huggins looking for Charlie?
(a) Humboldt had left him something.
(b) To arrest him.
(c) To give him a subpoena.
(d) Tigler had him in his will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimately happens to Humboldt's chair position at Princeton?
2. When Humboldt and Kathleen visit Charlie after Humboldt had just given a reading at Yale, what does Kathleen intimate to Charlie she plans to do?
3. How much money does Charlie lose at the poker game, including what he loses to Rinaldo?
4. How is Denise's attitude changed when she leaves the judge's chambers?
5. What does Charlie tell Polly about his medal of honor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Canabile seem to want from Charlie other than help for his wife?
2. How does Humboldt end up getting over six thousand dollars from Charlie after Charlie has a successful Broadway show?
3. Why does Pierre Thaxter rush to get into Cantabile's car and forgo buying the fish knives he had set out to purchase?
4. Which of Charlie's family members does he briefly compare Langobardi to?
5. When Charlie offers to put up the ransom for the return of Pierre, how does he expect to be repaid?
6. When Judge Urbanovich questions Charlie about his frequent trips to Europe, what does Charlie come to realize about Chicago and the judge?
7. What are Charlie's and Julius's feelings about death?
8. Why does Charlie believe that he cannot ask Renata to accompany him and the two older men from the nursing home out to lunch?
9. What is the relationship between Huggins and Charlie?
10. How does Charlie explain his relationship with Roger to people abroad?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)