|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie promise to do for Waldemar even if the papers contain nothing valuable?
(a) Buy him a crypt in Valhalla.
(b) Send him a check for $10,000.
(c) Have his dead sister and nephew moved to another cemetery.
(d) Move him to a better nursing home.
2. What happens to Thaxter in Argentina?
(a) He writes a new film script.
(b) He is supposedly kidnapped for ransom.
(c) He runs into George and Naomi's son.
(d) He finds money in bilyrrium.
3. What does George Swiebel let Charlie know about while Charlie is in the pension?
(a) George has been arrested.
(b) Renata wants to marry Charlie and divorce her new husband.
(c) The beryllium deal has gone bust.
(d) Julius has died.
4. What is Humboldt's gift?
(a) An Oldsmobile.
(b) A love letter from Kathleen.
(c) A pawn check for Oriental rugs.
(d) A treatment for a screenplay.
5. What happens to Roger while in Madrid?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He gets the flu.
(c) He is kidnapped.
(d) Sr. Biferno claims him.
6. After his surgery, what does Julius want Charlie to do for up to $8,000?
(a) Take over the plans for the new hotel.
(b) Look around Europe for a beautiful seascape painting.
(c) Secure a divorce for him.
(d) Go back to Chicago and not return.
7. What is Charlie worried Renata will do if he is locked up in jail?
(a) Rob a bank to bail him out.
(b) Try to break him out of jail.
(c) Steal his money.
(d) Find another man.
8. Who does the Stronson's receptionist turn out to be?
(a) The Senora.
(b) Denise's travel agent.
(c) Naomi Lutz's daughter.
(d) Doris' father.
9. What is it that Charlie believes Cantabile loves to make?
(c) Conversation with Charlie.
(d) Plans to join the Mafia.
10. Who informs Charlie that the IRS will not leave Charlie alone?
11. What does Charlie receive in the mail from Kathleen?
(a) The new movie script.
(b) A check.
(c) Just a letter.
(d) Another envelope from Humboldt.
12. Why does Cantabile bring Charlie with him to visit Stronson?
(a) To impress Pierre.
(b) To pretend to be a hit man.
(c) To watch Rinaldo threaten Stronson.
(d) For kicks.
13. Who ended up taking most of Humboldt's papers, clothes, and valuables?
(d) His gambling uncle, Waldemar.
14. What is Naomi's new last name?
15. What does Corcoran do in Section III of "Treatment?"
(a) Divorces his wie.
(b) Nurses his sick father.
(c) Writes a wonderful book.
(d) Marries a Marilyn Monroe look-alike.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kathleen invite Charlie to go?
2. What project does Julius offer Charlie to get in on the ground floor with him?
3. What does Julius do with the food he buys for Hortense?
4. Where does Charlie get the money to pay for the $200,000 bond?
5. How does Charlie plan to come up with the seed money to get in on Julius's new venture?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)