|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Charlie believes Cantabile loves to make?
(a) Conversation with Charlie.
(d) Plans to join the Mafia.
2. What does Renata end up doing because Charlie has not proposed marriage?
(a) She buys her own engagement ring.
(b) She runs away to Mexico.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She marries Flonzaley.
3. What does Charlie promise to do for Waldemar even if the papers contain nothing valuable?
(a) Have his dead sister and nephew moved to another cemetery.
(b) Move him to a better nursing home.
(c) Buy him a crypt in Valhalla.
(d) Send him a check for $10,000.
4. What is Charlie worried Renata will do if he is locked up in jail?
(a) Try to break him out of jail.
(b) Steal his money.
(c) Find another man.
(d) Rob a bank to bail him out.
5. What group has Stronson under investigation according to The Tribune?
(a) The Mafia.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The Securities and Exchange Commission.
6. Why is Senor Biferno angry with Renata?
(a) Renata's mother has sued him for back child support.
(b) He believes she is a gold-digger.
(c) He is disappointed at the way she has turned out.
(d) She is not the rich daughter he wanted.
7. What does Renata end up taking from Charlie as she leaves The Oak Room?
(a) The tip meant for the waiter.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His shoe.
(d) His papers from Humboldt.
8. Who comes to tell Charlie that Stronson has dropped the charges against him?
(b) Stronson's receptionist.
(d) The cop in Stronson's office.
9. What happens to Thaxter in Argentina?
(a) He writes a new film script.
(b) He is supposedly kidnapped for ransom.
(c) He runs into George and Naomi's son.
(d) He finds money in bilyrrium.
10. Why is it that Corcoran feels at first that he cannot publish his book?
(a) It all came to him in a dream.
(b) It would destroy his marriage.
(c) It would hurt his girlfriend.
(d) It violates copyright laws.
11. Who does Humboldt want to play the role of Zane Bigoulis?
(a) Dick Van Dyke.
(b) Zero Mostel.
(c) Elias Kazan.
(d) Gene Wilder.
12. Who does Charlie run into during intermission at the Christmas Pageant?
(a) Dr. Longstaff.
(c) Dr. Klosterman.
(d) Mike Schneiderman.
13. What news does Charlie get while having lunch in The Oak Room with Renata?
(a) Menasha has died.
(b) The judge has ordered a $200,000 bond on Charlie.
(c) Denise has been murdered.
(d) Thaxter has taken off for Europe.
14. What does Charlie ask Renata to do for him when they see the wheelchairs on the porch of the nursing home?
(a) Have them repaired for the men.
(b) Wheel him around for a ride.
(c) Put the old men in them and ride them around.
(d) Make note of the model and buy a new one.
15. What did Charlie's friend, Menasha, always want to be?
(a) A writer.
(b) An electrician.
(c) An opera singer.
(d) A rabbi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets Humboldt and Renata at the nursing home door?
2. Who does Charlie pay a visit to?
3. How much does Charlie tell Renata he earned for his Trenck movie rights?
4. Who is Rebecca Volsted?
5. What problem is the main character in Section I of "Treatment" having?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)