|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie buy on Wacker Drive?
(a) A toy for his daughters.
(b) A bulb.
(c) A tube.
(d) A plane ticket.
2. What does Julius want Charlie to do if he should die on the operating table?
(a) Sell his home for him.
(b) Marry Hortense.
(c) Marry Renata.
(d) Go forward with the Cubans.
3. Who does Renata have with her when she arrives in Madrid?
(a) The Senora.
(b) Sr. Biferno.
(c) The Senora and Renata's son, Roger.
(d) Renata's son, Roger.
4. What is Guido Stronson trying to do that has Rinaldo furious?
(a) Make a move on Polly.
(b) Scam the Mafia
(c) Put a hit on Rinaldo.
(d) Murder Judge Urbanovich.
5. What is Pierre's reason for not yet publishing an issue of The Ark?
(a) No one sent submissions for the journal.
(b) He needs paper to print it on.
(c) Charlie sent him too much anthroposophy material.
(d) He needs more money.
6. What group has Stronson under investigation according to The Tribune?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The Mafia.
(c) The Securities and Exchange Commission.
(d) The FBI.
7. What offer from the movie people does Charlie turn down?
(a) To write a biography exposing Humboldt.
(b) To be an extra.
(c) To act as a stunt man.
(d) To act as a consultant.
8. What does Naomi ask Charlie to do in order for her to judge if he would make more sense to her now that she is older?
(a) Tell her why he loved her so.
(b) Tell her about Humboldt's poetry.
(c) Talk to her the way he talks to himself.
(d) Speak to her about the Archai and Exousiai.
9. What does Charlie tell Waldemar could be in the envelope Humboldt left for him?
(a) Something that might be publishable.
(c) Probably nothing valuable.
(d) Papers worth a fortune.
10. Who informs Charlie that the IRS will not leave Charlie alone?
11. Who tells Naomi that Charlie plans to go away with Renata?
(c) George Swiebel.
12. Who is Julius's wife?
13. Who ended up taking most of Humboldt's papers, clothes, and valuables?
(c) His gambling uncle, Waldemar.
14. How does Renata feel about going with Charlie to see Waldemar in the nursing home?
15. What does the person who went to Paris with Charlie want from Charlie?
(a) A night alone with Kathleen.
(b) A roll in the hay with Renata.
(c) Charlie to write a new book.
(d) Ten percent of the take on the movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character in Humboldt's "Treatment?"
2. What is Renata upset about missing so Charlie could go to Coney Island to get a worthless outline?
3. What does Charlie ask Renata to do for him when they see the wheelchairs on the porch of the nursing home?
4. What does Pierre do to assure Charlie he will repay him all that he owes?
5. What problem is the main character in Section I of "Treatment" having?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)