|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corcoran do in Section III of "Treatment?"
(a) Nurses his sick father.
(b) Writes a wonderful book.
(c) Marries a Marilyn Monroe look-alike.
(d) Divorces his wie.
2. What problem is the main character in Section I of "Treatment" having?
(a) He cannot have children.
(b) A sick father.
(c) He is going bald.
(d) Writer's block.
3. Who does Charlie run into during intermission at the Christmas Pageant?
(a) Mike Schneiderman.
(b) Dr. Longstaff.
(d) Dr. Klosterman.
4. After his surgery, what does Julius want Charlie to do for up to $8,000?
(a) Secure a divorce for him.
(b) Look around Europe for a beautiful seascape painting.
(c) Take over the plans for the new hotel.
(d) Go back to Chicago and not return.
5. Where does Charlie discover that Thaxter has gone to while speaking with Stewart, Thaxter's New York publisher?
(a) South America.
6. Who is Julius's wife?
7. What produces autonomous beings that appear animated, giddy, and free but in the final analysis are boring and of little relevance?
(a) The Spirits of Form.
(b) The IRS.
(c) The Archai.
(d) The Exousiai.
8. What project does Julius offer Charlie to get in on the ground floor with him?
(a) The sale of Cuban cigars.
(b) A first edition of The Ark.
(c) A new opera house in Milan.
(d) A luxury hotel in the Gulf of Mexico.
9. Where does Kathleen invite Charlie to go?
(a) To her home in Nevada.
(b) To a quiet life with her in Brooklyn.
(c) Back to Coney Island to speak with Waldemar.
(d) A Mediterranean paradise where she is filming.
10. How much does Charlie tell Renata he earned for his Trenck movie rights?
11. What news does Charlie get while having lunch in The Oak Room with Renata?
(a) Denise has been murdered.
(b) Menasha has died.
(c) Thaxter has taken off for Europe.
(d) The judge has ordered a $200,000 bond on Charlie.
12. What does the person who went to Paris with Charlie want from Charlie?
(a) Ten percent of the take on the movie.
(b) A roll in the hay with Renata.
(c) Charlie to write a new book.
(d) A night alone with Kathleen.
13. What does Charlie promise to do for Waldemar even if the papers contain nothing valuable?
(a) Send him a check for $10,000.
(b) Have his dead sister and nephew moved to another cemetery.
(c) Buy him a crypt in Valhalla.
(d) Move him to a better nursing home.
14. What film does Charlie discover has been made without authorization?
(a) Humboldt's life story.
(b) Charlie's biography.
(c) The Antarctica Expedition.
(d) The Treatment.
15. Who informs Charlie that the IRS will not leave Charlie alone?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Guido Stronson trying to do that has Rinaldo furious?
2. What is Charlie worried Renata will do if he is locked up in jail?
3. What does George Swiebel let Charlie know about while Charlie is in the pension?
4. What did Charlie's friend, Menasha, always want to be?
5. What does Pierre do to assure Charlie he will repay him all that he owes?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)