|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Judge insinuate he would unleash upon Charlie if he does not cooperate?
(a) Mr Pinsker.
(b) Mrs. Citrine.
(c) Mr. Srole.
(d) Mr. Tomchek.
2. What adjective does Judge Urbanovich use to refer to Charlie in his chambers?
3. Why does Charlie's friend tell him that he should not give the man demanding $450 the money?
(a) The man is a racketeer.
(b) He cheated Charlie at poker.
(c) Charlie paid too much for a car he bought fom him.
(d) The suit Charlie bought from him was a knock-off.
4. After speaking with Judge Urbanovich in chambers, what does Charlie want to do about the case?
(b) Leave the country and not return.
(c) Call Cantabile and have Denise killed.
(d) Go to trial.
5. How much must Charlie earn per year in order to pay Denise what the Judge believes he can?
(d) $1 million.
6. Who arranges to meet with Charlie at the Art Institute?
(a) His brother, Julius.
(b) Pierre Thaxter.
(d) Rinaldo Cantabile.
7. According to Mickey, who owns the Baths?
(a) The Syndicate.
(b) Rinaldo Cantabile.
(c) Father Siewell.
(d) Management, downtown.
8. What happens to Charlie's Mercedes-Benz one night in Chicago?
(a) It is ticketed.
(b) It is painted over.
(c) It is stolen.
(d) It is attacked with what appears to be baseball bats.
9. What does Charlie want to do when Scaccia demands money from him on behalf of Humboldt?
(a) Call Humboldt.
(b) Tell him off.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Leave town.
10. Who is Orlando Huggins?
(a) The executor of Humboldt's estate.
(b) Kathleen's third husband.
(c) The game warden in Nevada.
(d) Kathleen's divorce lawyer.
11. Who mentions the author, Rudolf Steiner, to Charlie?
12. What is the name of the private eye Humboldt hired?
13. Who is Pierre Thaxter?
(a) Charlie's friend from California.
(b) Cantabile's boss.
(c) A friend of Polly's from France.
(d) Charlie's divorce lawyer.
14. Where does Cantabile want Charlie to go with him once they meet in the street outside the Baths?
(a) To the sauna.
(b) To the bathroom.
(c) To a deserted alley.
(d) To his car.
15. What is Charlie's only real asset?
(a) His books.
(b) His home.
(c) His brain.
(d) His car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renata think of Cantabile's suggestion that he rub out Denise for Charlie?
2. While sitting trapped in Cantabile's car, Charlie thinks of a philosophical conversation he often had with someone. Who is this person?
3. When Humboldt releases himself from Mt. Sinai and begins to sue people, why does he not sue Charlie right away?
4. What disease did Charlie suffer from as a boy?
5. Which Presidential election outcome was a personal disaster to Humboldt?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)