|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Charlie's family originally from?
2. When a wrinkled postcard falls to the floor, what does Charlie see that it is?
(a) A poem that Humboldt wrote.
(b) A threatening note from Cantabile.
(c) A rejection of his latest writing submission.
(d) A last love note from Denise.
3. Where does Cantabile want Charlie to go with him once they meet in the street outside the Baths?
(a) To the sauna.
(b) To a deserted alley.
(c) To the bathroom.
(d) To his car.
4. Whose newspaper column does Charlie Citrine appear in according to Cantabile's early edition of the morning's paper?
(a) Mike Lucik's.
(b) Avery Schriber's.
(c) Mike LaSalle's.
(d) Mike Schneiderman's.
5. Who is Gaylord Koffritz?
(a) The judge at the divorce trial.
(b) Renata's former husband.
(c) A dear friend of Charlie's.
(d) Denise's lawyer.
6. Which government official does Charlie spend five days with while writing an article for Life magazine?
(a) Senator Eugene McCarthy.
(b) Senator Robert Kennedy.
(c) Mayor RIchard Daley.
(d) Senator Jacob Javits.
7. What happens to Hildenfisch at the racquet ball club?
(a) Langobardi threatens him.
(b) He dies.
(c) He wins at Cut-Throat.
(d) He befriends Charlie.
8. Why does Charlie spend several months in South America near the Orinoco River?
(a) He is looking for Demmie Vonghel's body.
(b) He has gone to meet Demmie's father.
(c) He goes there on a long vacation.
(d) He is researching a new play.
9. When Humboldt attacks Magnasco on the streets of New York, who saves the young fellow's life?
(a) The staff of Howard Johnson's.
(b) A nearby police officer.
(c) Charlie Citrine.
(d) A group of lesbians dressed like longshoremen.
10. What film director did Humboldt admire?
(a) Preston Sturges.
(b) Orson Welles.
(c) David Lynch.
(d) Alfred Hitchcock.
11. Why does someone who calls Charlie in the middle of the night say that Charlie owes him $450?
(a) It is the money Charlie still owes on a car he bought.
(b) Charlie never paid the man for a suit he bought.
(c) He loaned Charlie money that he now wants back.
(d) He won it from Charlie in a poker game.
12. Who is Harold Flonzaley?
(a) The judge in the divorce case.
(b) Renata's undertaker suitor.
(c) Denise's lawyer.
(d) Denise's new boyfriend.
13. Who is responsible for Life magazine commissioning an article from Charlie?
14. What did George Swiebell do before he began his contracting business?
(a) He wrote for a newspaper.
(b) He was a salesman.
(c) He was an actor.
(d) He was a singer.
15. Where does Humboldt refuse to go and lecture in 1952?
(a) Oxford University in England..
(b) Free University in Berlin.
(c) Yale University in Connecticut.
(d) Moscow State University in Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mickey, who owns the Baths?
2. Who does the Judge insinuate he would unleash upon Charlie if he does not cooperate?
3. What is Charlie's only real asset?
4. When Humboldt releases himself from Mt. Sinai and begins to sue people, why does he not sue Charlie right away?
5. Who is Signor Caldofreddo?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)