|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave Charlie an embroidered needlepoint cushion when he and Renata had a falling out?
(a) Mary Pickford.
(b) Allie Kabibble.
(c) Doris Scheldt.
(d) Demmie Vonghel.
2. What is Canatbile's wife doing her doctoral thesis on?
(b) Jewish culture.
(c) The Mafia.
(d) Von Humboldt Fleisher.
3. What does Ezekiel Kamuttu, George's guide to the Olduval Gorge, claim to own?
(b) Azurite minerals.
(c) Alium stones.
(d) Beryllium stones.
4. Why does Charlie enter a men's room stall as Srole is telling him what he can do to protect his money?
(a) To make a phone call in private.
(b) To get away from him.
(c) To sit and cry.
(d) To urinate.
5. Why does a movie company hire Tigler?
(a) To direct certain cowboy scenes.
(b) To use his dude ranch as background scenery.
(c) As an extra.
(d) To be the horse expert.
6. Why does Cantabile stay behind in the bathroom after speaking with Charlie?
(a) To use the facilities.
(b) To retrieve his bullets.
(c) To rethink the conversation.
(d) To finish shaving.
7. Where does Humboldt end up dying?
(a) In Chicago.
(b) A hotel in Times Square.
(c) On the streets.
(d) On a plane.
8. Who is Desperate Ambrose?
(a) A mafiosa friend of Cantabile's.
(b) A little kid in the funnies.
(c) A man wanted by the FBI.
(d) An old film star from the twentie's.
9. When Humboldt releases himself from Mt. Sinai and begins to sue people, why does he not sue Charlie right away?
(a) He has no energy left for it.
(b) He is hoping Charlie will produce Kathleen.
(c) He still feels friendly towards Charlie.
(d) He is waiting to see if Von Trenck makes money.
10. What does Charlie want to do when Scaccia demands money from him on behalf of Humboldt?
(a) Leave town.
(b) Call Humboldt.
(c) Tell him off.
(d) Kill him.
11. What is the name of the man that Charlie gave a check to and then stopped payment on it?
(a) Rinaldo Cantabile.
(b) Bill Thompson.
(c) Morris Eller.
(d) George Swiebel.
12. Who became Humboldt's best friend after he felt Charlie deceived him?
13. What is Charlie's only real asset?
(a) His books.
(b) His car.
(c) His brain.
(d) His home.
14. How much money does Charlie lose at the poker game, including what he loses to Rinaldo?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) Six hundred dollars.
(c) Four hundred fifty dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
15. Why does Srole think Urbanovich wants to help Denise?
(a) He wants to be rid of this ridiculous case.
(b) He is attracted to her.
(c) It is a fun case to him.
(d) He hates Charlie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Humboldt think he and Charlie should do in light of the new US administration?
2. Who is responsible for Life magazine commissioning an article from Charlie?
3. Who arranges to meet with Charlie at the Art Institute?
4. When Humboldt calls Charlie at the Bellasco Theatre from Bellvue, what does he want?
5. Where is Charlie's family originally from?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)