|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective does Judge Urbanovich use to refer to Charlie in his chambers?
2. Who does the Judge bring up as someone whose unique ideas made millions?
(a) Tom Carvel.
(b) Kathleen Tigler.
(c) The Maharishi.
(d) Bill Gates.
3. How does Frank Tigler die?
(a) He drowns in Volcano Lake.
(b) Indians kills him.
(c) He is caught in the middle of a shoot-out.
(d) He commits suicide.
4. Where does Humboldt end up dying?
(a) On a plane.
(b) On the streets.
(c) A hotel in Times Square.
(d) In Chicago.
5. Who mentions the author, Rudolf Steiner, to Charlie?
6. Why does Humboldt sneak into Dr. Longstaff's private elevator and have a meeting with him?
(a) He wants to discuss the great poets and impress Longstaff.
(b) To have Ricketts fired so he can have a chair at Princeton.
(c) To ask the Belisha Foundation to endow a chair for him.
(d) To get on his good side.
7. What is the name of the man that Charlie gave a check to and then stopped payment on it?
(a) Morris Eller.
(b) Bill Thompson.
(c) Rinaldo Cantabile.
(d) George Swiebel.
8. Who is Desperate Ambrose?
(a) A man wanted by the FBI.
(b) A mafiosa friend of Cantabile's.
(c) An old film star from the twentie's.
(d) A little kid in the funnies.
9. What disease did Charlie suffer from as a boy?
10. Who is Orlando Huggins?
(a) Kathleen's divorce lawyer.
(b) Kathleen's third husband.
(c) The game warden in Nevada.
(d) The executor of Humboldt's estate.
11. What does Charlie's lawyer, Tomchek, want Charlie to do after meeting in chambers with the judge?
(a) Get in touch with Cantabile.
(b) Go on with a trial.
(d) Fire him.
12. Who is Signor Caldofreddo?
(a) An associate of Cantabile's.
(b) A character in Humboldt and Charlie's movie script.
(c) Humboldt's personal physician.
(d) Charlie's tailor.
13. How does Charlie Citrine make a fortune?
(a) He writes a best-selling novel.
(b) He writes a film score.
(c) He writes a Broadway play.
(d) He wins the Nobel Prize.
14. In which decade did Von Humboldt Fleisher publish his book of ballads?
(a) The Thirties.
(b) The Twenties.
(c) The Fifties.
(d) The Forties.
15. What does Cantabile tell Charlie he must do before getting together with Polly?
(a) Bring her roses.
(b) Not even think about it.
(c) Wear a proper tie and jacket.
(d) Go through him first.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a movie company hire Tigler?
2. Whose long letters does Charlie read while waiting on jury duty?
3. Who is Harold Flonzaley?
4. What does Ezekiel Kamuttu, George's guide to the Olduval Gorge, claim to own?
5. For how many years are Humboldt and Citrine estranged?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)