|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 17, Through p. 458,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cantabile ultimately do with most of the money Charlie gives him?
(a) He buys a couple of watches from an old man.
(b) He rips the money into tiny pieces and makes Charlie eat it.
(c) He gives it all back to Charlie.
(d) He folds the bills into planes and drops them from a tall building.
2. Why does someone who calls Charlie in the middle of the night say that Charlie owes him $450?
(a) Charlie never paid the man for a suit he bought.
(b) It is the money Charlie still owes on a car he bought.
(c) He loaned Charlie money that he now wants back.
(d) He won it from Charlie in a poker game.
3. How does Renata feel about going with Charlie to see Waldemar in the nursing home?
4. What is the subject of the master essay that Charlie has been writing for years?
5. What is Canatbile's wife doing her doctoral thesis on?
(b) Von Humboldt Fleisher.
(c) Jewish culture.
(d) The Mafia.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a wrinkled postcard falls to the floor, what does Charlie see that it is?
2. What did George Swiebell do before he began his contracting business?
3. Who has Humboldt based his "Treatment" on?
4. Who is Pierre Thaxter?
5. What happens to Charlie's Mercedes-Benz one night in Chicago?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)