|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, Through p. 342.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Charlie run into during intermission at the Christmas Pageant?
(b) Dr. Klosterman.
(c) Dr. Longstaff.
(d) Mike Schneiderman.
2. What does Charlie ask Renata to do for him when they see the wheelchairs on the porch of the nursing home?
(a) Wheel him around for a ride.
(b) Have them repaired for the men.
(c) Make note of the model and buy a new one.
(d) Put the old men in them and ride them around.
3. Why does Humboldt sneak into Dr. Longstaff's private elevator and have a meeting with him?
(a) He wants to discuss the great poets and impress Longstaff.
(b) To have Ricketts fired so he can have a chair at Princeton.
(c) To ask the Belisha Foundation to endow a chair for him.
(d) To get on his good side.
4. Who does the Stronson's receptionist turn out to be?
(a) Denise's travel agent.
(b) The Senora.
(c) Naomi Lutz's daughter.
(d) Doris' father.
5. What does Charlie buy on Wacker Drive?
(a) A bulb.
(b) A plane ticket.
(c) A tube.
(d) A toy for his daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Charlie's family originally from?
2. What article of writing does Charlie consider selling before realizing no one would be eager to buy it?
3. While sitting trapped in Cantabile's car, Charlie thinks of a philosophical conversation he often had with someone. Who is this person?
4. What produces autonomous beings that appear animated, giddy, and free but in the final analysis are boring and of little relevance?
5. How does Frank Tigler die?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)