|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12, Through p. 342.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie's lawyer, Tomchek, want Charlie to do after meeting in chambers with the judge?
(a) Fire him.
(b) Get in touch with Cantabile.
(c) Go on with a trial.
2. How does Charlie get Waldemar to finally show him the contents of the envelope Humboldt has left him?
(a) Grabbing it and running.
(b) Using his tears for pity.
(c) By being honest.
(d) Threatening legal action.
3. Who informs Charlie that the IRS will not leave Charlie alone?
4. What does Charlie promise to do for Waldemar even if the papers contain nothing valuable?
(a) Move him to a better nursing home.
(b) Buy him a crypt in Valhalla.
(c) Send him a check for $10,000.
(d) Have his dead sister and nephew moved to another cemetery.
5. Who is President of the United States when Charlie and his then-wife, Denise, are invited to the White House?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Humboldt sneak into Dr. Longstaff's private elevator and have a meeting with him?
2. How does Renata feel about going with Charlie to see Waldemar in the nursing home?
3. Where does Humboldt refuse to go and lecture in 1952?
4. Where does Humboldt end up dying?
5. How is Denise's attitude changed when she leaves the judge's chambers?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)