|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, Through p. 290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the poker game at George's house organized around?
(a) Rinaldo and his cousin.
(c) The tuxedo-renting Lithuanian.
(d) An undertaker.
2. Why does Charlie enter a men's room stall as Srole is telling him what he can do to protect his money?
(a) To get away from him.
(b) To urinate.
(c) To make a phone call in private.
(d) To sit and cry.
3. Why does Charlie's friend tell him that he should not give the man demanding $450 the money?
(a) The man is a racketeer.
(b) Charlie paid too much for a car he bought fom him.
(c) The suit Charlie bought from him was a knock-off.
(d) He cheated Charlie at poker.
4. How much must Charlie earn per year in order to pay Denise what the Judge believes he can?
(b) $1 million.
5. Why does Charlie think Cantabile hopes to see George at the Baths?
(a) So he can hurt George.
(b) To get money from George.
(c) To apologize for cheating at poker.
(d) He misses George.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cantabile bring with him to visit Charlie?
2. Who is responsible for Life magazine commissioning an article from Charlie?
3. Which Presidential election outcome was a personal disaster to Humboldt?
4. What does Cantabile tell Charlie he must do before getting together with Polly?
5. Who is Pierre Thaxter?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)