|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Charlotte and Vinny?
(a) Charlotte is dead and Vinny moved to France.
(c) The narrator does not say.
(d) At the kitchen table eating.
2. How do Hilary and Richard supposedly die?
(a) On a motorcycle.
(b) In a fire.
(c) In a train wreck.
(d) Malcolm hits them in his car by accident.
3. What does Gordon do when he notices the building?
(a) Peeks in the window of the new addition.
(b) Calls the hospital.
(c) Takes a picture.
(d) Enters it.
4. Who is Jodi?
(a) The name Vinny gives the baby.
(b) A cousin who unexpectedly arrives Christmas eve.
(c) The name Isobel gives the baby.
(d) The name Audrey suggests for the baby.
5. Who does Gordon invite to tea?
(b) An elderly woman who Gordon rescues.
(d) An unnamed man who Gordon rescues.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lady Margaret's tutor worried about her?
2. What does Gordon remember about Eliza much later after they are married?
3. Who is Esme?
4. What does Maude name her baby?
5. What is Audrey's basic world view?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Isobel awake from her coma, and what does she learn about why she is in the hospital?
2. What day does Gordon remember at the end of this chapter?
3. How does Maude Potter finally get a baby and what does she name the baby?
4. How does Gordon meet Eliza?
5. What is happening on Christmas eve at the Fairfax household?
6. How does Lady Fairfax end up being with Robert Kavanagh?
7. What impressions does Isobel have about where she is at the end of this chapter?
8. Who is Lady Margaret and what happens to her in regards to Sir Francis?
9. What is related about Sir Francis Fairfax and his new wife?
10. How does Renee come to be a part of the Fairfax household?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)