|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isobel do on Christmas eve?
(a) Sleep into the afternoon.
(b) Get up really early to finish making a present for Charles.
(c) Get up really early to finish making a present for Gordon.
(d) Walks over to Audrey's home at six a.m.
2. Why does Malcolm supposedly hit a tree in his car?
(a) He drives into it intentionally.
(b) He falls asleep at the wheel.
(c) He swerves to avoid a deer.
(d) He hits a brick wall, not a tree.
3. Who is Lady Margaret's tutor?
(a) John Donne.
(b) Lord Perceival.
(c) Lady Fairfax.
(d) Master Shakespeare.
4. What do Vinny and Charlotte think of Eliza before they meet her?
(a) They do not like her.
(b) They think she is a spy.
(c) They think she wants Gordon's money.
(d) They think she is exciting.
5. What does the family hear outside as they are enjoying their Christmas?
(a) A tractor starting.
(b) An owl hooting.
(c) A car horn.
(d) A chainsaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jodi?
2. What does Isobel discover when she attends Eunice's funeral?
3. Where does Lady Fairfax spent a great deal of time?
4. Who is Esme?
5. Why does Lady Margaret kill herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gordon think of Eliza, and how do Charlotte and Vinny think of her?
2. What smell does Isobel awaken to and what does she notice?
3. Who is Lady Margaret and what happens to her in regards to Sir Francis?
4. What is related about Sir Francis Fairfax and his new wife?
5. What does Isobel say about Charles?
6. When does Isobel awake from her coma, and what does she learn about why she is in the hospital?
7. How does Lady Fairfax end up being with Robert Kavanagh?
8. What does Isobel do with Malcolm in Hilary's bedroom?
9. What is happening on Christmas eve at the Fairfax household?
10. What is the time and purpose of this chapter?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)