|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isobel do on Christmas eve?
(a) Walks over to Audrey's home at six a.m.
(b) Sleep into the afternoon.
(c) Get up really early to finish making a present for Charles.
(d) Get up really early to finish making a present for Gordon.
2. Who is Charles' biological father?
(a) Gordon Fairfax.
(b) Sir Edward de Breville.
(c) A red-haired soldier.
(d) Mr. Primrose.
3. What is Audrey's occupation?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A priest in the Anglican church.
(c) A housewife.
(d) A doctor.
4. What does Isobel witness a boy doing in the kitchen?
(a) Kissing Hilary.
(b) Pouring vodka into the punch bowl.
(c) Punching Malcolm in the stomach.
(d) Kissing Audrey.
5. Who enters the house?
(b) Mr. Primrose.
(d) Mr. Rice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isobel wonder in her confusion?
2. Who dies in a car accident in 1962?
3. Where are Charlotte and Vinny?
4. Who is Renee?
5. To what does Isobel awaken in Chapter X?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Herbert do to Violet Angela, and what is Maude's response to Violet's telling her about Herbert?
2. What does Isobel learn about several of the people in her circle of friends or acquaintances?
3. What does Isobel say about Eunice?
4. What does Isobel wonder about reality and Mr. Baxter?
5. How does Gordon clarify his statement about the death of Eliza?
6. What is happening on Christmas eve at the Fairfax household?
7. How does Gordon meet Eliza?
8. What does Gordon think of Eliza, and how do Charlotte and Vinny think of her?
9. What impressions does Isobel have about where she is at the end of this chapter?
10. For whom do the servants prepare the home?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)