|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What of Eliza's possessions actually exists?
(a) The lock of hair.
(b) The shoe.
(c) The handkerchief.
(d) The powder compact.
2. What does Gordon do when he notices the building?
(a) Calls the hospital.
(b) Peeks in the window of the new addition.
(c) Enters it.
(d) Takes a picture.
3. How does Robert Kavanagh look when Lady Fairfax sees him once?
(b) As if he is running from something.
(d) Naked and bathing.
4. How did Isobel end up in the hospital?
(a) A tree fell on her.
(b) A bicycle accident.
(c) An aneurysm.
(d) A car accident.
5. Who is Renee?
(a) Isobel's dog.
(b) Debbie's baby.
(c) Charles' girlfriend.
(d) Gordon's mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gordon think of Eliza?
2. What is Debbie engrossed in doing?
3. Who makes the Christmas turkey in Isobel's home?
4. Who visits Isobel in the hospital in the beginning of Chapter XII?
5. Where is Isobel going?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lady Fairfax end up being with Robert Kavanagh?
2. How is it revealed that the lock of hair Charles supposedly has belongs to Eliza?
3. What is the time and purpose of this chapter?
4. What impressions does Isobel have about where she is at the end of this chapter?
5. How does Maude Potter finally get a baby and what does she name the baby?
6. How does Violet Angela end up leaving Herbert and Maude?
7. What does Isobel do with Malcolm in Hilary's bedroom?
8. What happens to Lady Margaret and Master Shakespeare?
9. Who is having breakfast when Isobel goes downstairs and how is everyone at the breakfast table?
10. What smell does Isobel awaken to and what does she notice?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)