|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Isobel's mother?
(a) She died in a horseback riding accident.
(b) She left Isobel and Isobel's father.
(c) She disappeared in the woods.
(d) She died while giving birth to Isobel.
2. What do Charles and Isobel find when they go into the woods to look for their parents?
(a) A puppy.
(b) Their mother who is either dead or unconscious.
(c) No one.
(d) Their aunt who is very ill.
3. Where does Charlotte serve the children lunch?
(a) In bed.
(b) On the patio.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the formal dining room.
4. What is Francis Fairfax's main occupation?
5. What does Isobel notice about Aubrey one day?
(a) She has grown a couple inches.
(b) She has changed the color of her lipstick.
(c) She seems to be gaining weight.
(d) She has a bad cough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Lady Fairfax one day?
2. How do girls find Isobel's brother?
3. What does the Fairfax family buy in the 20th century?
4. How does Eunice upset Isobel?
5. What does Charles give Gordon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Isobel, the narrator at the beginning of the novel, discuss in the first part of the novel?
2. What does Isobel "see" in the time wrap she experiences in this chapter?
3. What does Isobel say are Charles' hobbies, and how does he relate one of his hobbies to his mother?
4. Who is Audrey, and how does her father treat her?
5. What leads to Isobel's house being infested with fleas?
6. Who is Francis Fairfax, and what does the narrator write about him?
7. What are the signs that Vinny is a poor caregiver for the children?
8. What happens when Charles is eight years old?
9. Describe how Charles and Isobel are born.
10. Where does Malcolm take Isobel, and what happens there?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)