|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Charles and Isobel watch during the night?
(a) Their father slap Charlotte.
(b) Their mother come in the front door.
(c) Their father slap Vinny.
(d) Their father drive away.
2. How do girls find Isobel's brother?
(b) Not attractive.
3. What does Richard Primrose do when he enters Isobel's room?
(a) Gives her some information about her mother.
(b) Reads her part of a Shakespeare play.
(c) Asks her to the prom.
(d) Attacks her.
4. Why is Malcolm's mother disappointed?
(a) Because Malcolm does not bring her chocolate.
(b) Because Isobel is not Hilary.
(c) Because Malcolm's father does not visit.
(d) Because Malcolm does nolt bring her flowers.
5. What does Charlotte tell the children about their father?
(a) He is with their mother, and they will be home in a week.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He has married someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isobel see outside the window while washing dishes?
2. What does Isobel say about her size?
3. What does Charlotte say about Eliza one day to the children?
4. Where do Malcolm and Isobel visit?
5. What does the Fairfax family buy in the 20th century?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the signs that Vinny is a poor caregiver for the children?
2. Who is Audrey, and how does her father treat her?
3. How do Isobel and Charles find their mother and what do they do?
4. What are the circumstances surrounding Charlotte's death?
5. Describe the interaction between Gordon and his two young children after Gordon returns from the woods.
6. Describe how Charles and Isobel are born.
7. How does Debbie explain the raw meat on the table one morning?
8. Give a very brief synopsis of the Fairfax family's status over time.
9. How does Vinny treat the children?
10. What leads to Isobel's house being infested with fleas?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)