|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who looks after the children until Charlotte and Vinny get home every day?
(a) No one.
(b) Mrs. Baxter.
2. Where does Charlotte serve the children lunch?
(a) On the patio.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the formal dining room.
(d) In bed.
3. How do girls find Isobel's brother?
(c) Not attractive.
4. Why do the Baxters call their home "Sithean"?
(a) It is the name of Mrs. Baxter's ancestors.
(b) Because it is a Scottish name.
(c) Isobel does not explain.
(d) It is the name of the closest town.
5. To whom does Isobel see Malcolm talking?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Debbie?
2. What happens in 1605 at the Fairfax manor?
3. What lecture is boring Isobel in class?
4. Of what does Isobel have no memory?
5. What birthday is Isobel celebrating when this section opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Isobel think she sees Mr. Rice doing and what is the outcome?
2. Where is Audrey's mother and how has her mother impacted Audrey and Charles' life?
3. What business does Charlotte run and what are her long term intentions?
4. Give a very brief synopsis of the Fairfax family's status over time.
5. What does Isobel say are Charles' hobbies, and how does he relate one of his hobbies to his mother?
6. What does Isobel, the narrator at the beginning of the novel, discuss in the first part of the novel?
7. Who is Francis Fairfax, and what does the narrator write about him?
8. Describe the interaction between Gordon and his two young children after Gordon returns from the woods.
9. How does Isobel come to find a single, unusual shoe in Vinny's closet and what is Vinny's reaction?
10. What do the neighbors think of the new baby in the Fairfax household?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)