|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Gordon disappear after his wife is gone?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
2. What does Francis Fairfax give his wife when he marries?
(a) An expensive mare.
(b) A thousand pounds.
(c) The famous Fairfax Jewel.
(d) A separate allowance.
3. What is Mr. Primrose wearing when Isobel spies him?
(a) A swim suit.
(b) A pair of cowboy boots with a tuxedo.
(c) A dress.
(d) A fedora hat.
4. What is the table covered in one morning when Isobel goes downstairs?
(a) Lottery tickets.
(b) Raw meat.
5. Who is Debbie?
(a) One of Isobel's children.
(b) Gordon's second wife.
(c) One of the neighbors.
(d) Gordon's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Isobel go to the Baxter's house?
2. What does Charles collect?
3. What is one thing Mr. Rice leaves behind when he vacates the house?
4. Who goes into Boscrambe Woods first when the family is on a picnic?
5. When Isobel hears the supposed name of Debbie's illness, what does she wonder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What business does Charlotte run and what are her long term intentions?
2. Who is Francis Fairfax, and what does the narrator write about him?
3. What gets Debbie's party off to a bad start?
4. What does Isobel find at the back door when she and Isobel are home alone?
5. What does Francis Fairfax give his new wife and what happens to the present?
6. What does Isobel think she sees Mr. Rice doing and what is the outcome?
7. How does Vinny treat the children?
8. What does Isobel say are Charles' hobbies, and how does he relate one of his hobbies to his mother?
9. What does Isobel, the narrator at the beginning of the novel, discuss in the first part of the novel?
10. How do Isobel and Charles find their mother and what do they do?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)