|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vinny make no effort to conceal?
(a) Her alcohol consumption.
(b) Her dislike of Eliza.
(c) Her out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
(d) Her dislike of Isobel.
2. What does Charles say they must do?
(a) Find Vinny.
(b) Help Eliza.
(c) Go home.
(d) Help Charlotte.
3. What does Isobel end up asking Audrey?
(a) If her father beats her mother.
(b) If her father beats her.
(c) If there is anything Audrey wants to tell Isobel.
(d) If Audrey wants to go get ice cream.
4. What does Charles give Gordon?
(a) A book.
(b) Eliza's ring.
(c) A piece of his chocolate.
(d) Eliza's shoe.
5. What does Vinny want Isobel to get her?
(a) A recommendation for a job.
(b) A better pair of shoes.
(c) A recipe from a neighbor.
(d) Some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Charles and Isobel find when they go into the woods to look for their parents?
2. Where does Gordon say Eliza is?
3. To whom does Isobel see Malcolm talking?
4. What does the Fairfax family buy in the 20th century?
5. What is Mr. Primrose wearing when Isobel spies him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give a very brief synopsis of the Fairfax family's status over time.
2. What does Isobel write about both her and her brother's physical looks?
3. How does Debbie explain the raw meat on the table one morning?
4. What gets Debbie's party off to a bad start?
5. What does Isobel "see" in the time wrap she experiences in this chapter?
6. How does Isobel come to find a single, unusual shoe in Vinny's closet and what is Vinny's reaction?
7. Who is Francis Fairfax, and what does the narrator write about him?
8. How do Isobel and Charles find their mother and what do they do?
9. What do the neighbors think of the new baby in the Fairfax household?
10. What does Isobel say are Charles' hobbies, and how does he relate one of his hobbies to his mother?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)