|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lady Fairfax spent a great deal of time?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In bed.
(d) In the library.
2. Who is Jodi?
(a) A cousin who unexpectedly arrives Christmas eve.
(b) The name Audrey suggests for the baby.
(c) The name Vinny gives the baby.
(d) The name Isobel gives the baby.
3. What does Gordon think of Eliza?
(a) He thinks nothing of her.
(b) That she is a spy.
(c) That she is ugly.
(d) That she is mysterious and exotic.
4. What relationship has piqued Lady Fairfax's curiosity?
(a) That of Sir Francis and Lady Margaret.
(b) That of Emme and Dr. Lukot.
(c) That of Audrey and Mr. Baxter.
(d) That of Sir Francis and Eliza.
5. Who is lodging with the Fairfaxes?
(a) No one.
(b) Mr. Rice.
6. What does Violet Angela tell Maude Violet does regularly?
(a) Has sex with Herbert.
(b) Visits London.
(c) Talks to her real mother.
(d) Has sex with her brother.
7. What does Isobel see when she looks in the mirror?
(a) That she looks healthier and happier.
(b) That her hair is green.
(c) That her eye color is changed.
(d) That she looks very ill.
8. Who is Eliza Jane Dennis?
(a) Violet Angela's best friend.
(b) Violet Angela's new name.
(c) A waitress where Violet Angela works.
(d) Violet Angela's benefactress.
9. When is Isobel released from the hospital?
(a) In early August.
(b) In May.
(c) In late April.
(d) In June.
10. What does Malcolm ask Isobel about for after the New Year?
(a) If she wants to go to visit Paris with him.
(b) If she wants to move to London with him.
(d) If she wants to be engaged to him.
11. How does Gordon become with Eliza?
12. Who does Lady Margaret say is responsible for some bruises on her?
(a) Robert Kavanagh.
(b) Master Shakespeare.
(c) Sir Francis.
(d) Herself from falling.
13. What is Audrey's occupation?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A housewife.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A priest in the Anglican church.
14. What does Maude name her baby?
(a) Violet Angela.
15. Who dies with the person in question 163?
(a) The spouse.
(b) A brother.
(c) A sister.
(d) A friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isobel witness a boy doing in the kitchen?
2. Who beats Eliza to death?
3. Who is Robert Kavanagh?
4. What does the family hear outside as they are enjoying their Christmas?
5. What does Gordon do one day when Eliza is sleeping?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)