|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Isobel released from the hospital?
(a) In late April.
(b) In May.
(c) In early August.
(d) In June.
2. Why does Lady Margaret kill herself?
(a) Sir Francis orders her to a convent.
(b) She does not kill herself.
(c) Sir Francis orders her to marry a man thirty years her senior
(d) Lady Fairfax takes Lady Margaret's baby and gives it to a young couple.
3. To what does Isobel awaken in Chapter X?
(a) The sounds of Christmas carols.
(b) The smell of cooking bacon.
(c) The smell of bread pudding cooking.
(d) The sounds of a chainsaw.
4. Where is Gordon headed when this chapter opens?
(a) To find one of his crew members.
(b) To report to the squadron commander.
(c) His lodgings.
(d) To report to his Commanding Officer.
5. What does Gordon do one day when Eliza is sleeping?
(a) Goes through her belongings.
(b) Cuts a lock of her hair.
(c) Draws a picture of her asleep.
(d) Writes her a letter.
6. What relationship has piqued Lady Fairfax's curiosity?
(a) That of Emme and Dr. Lukot.
(b) That of Sir Francis and Lady Margaret.
(c) That of Audrey and Mr. Baxter.
(d) That of Sir Francis and Eliza.
7. How does Robert Kavanagh look when Lady Fairfax sees him once?
(b) As if he is running from something.
(d) Naked and bathing.
8. What does Isobel wonder about reality?
(a) If it is every true.
(b) If it can be relative.
(d) If there is such as thing as reality.
9. Who is narrating "The Original Sin"?
(a) Robert Kavanagh.
(b) Gordon Fairfax.
(c) Lady Fairfax.
(d) Sir Francis Fairfax.
10. Who is Renee?
(a) Debbie's baby.
(b) Gordon's mistress.
(c) Isobel's dog.
(d) Charles' girlfriend.
11. Who does Gordon invite to tea?
(b) An unnamed man who Gordon rescues.
(d) An elderly woman who Gordon rescues.
12. Who buys Eliza's baby?
(a) Dr. Hyden.
(b) No one.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. White.
(d) Dr. Lovat.
13. Who enters the house?
(a) Mr. Primrose.
(d) Mr. Rice.
14. What happens when Isobel helps Debbie to the couch?
(a) She goes into a coma.
(b) She dies.
(c) She falls asleep.
(d) She goes into labor.
15. When does "Future: Streets of Trees" take place?
(a) The mid-19th century.
(b) In the early part of the 20th century.
(c) About two years after Isobel graduates from high school.
(d) Some time in the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Charlotte and Vinny?
2. What is Audrey's basic world view?
3. What does Herbert do to his "daughter"?
4. Where does Malcolm say he is going?
5. What does Gordon think of Eliza?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)