|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet Angela intend to do when she returns to Maude and Herbert's house after leaving?
(a) Destroy everything in the house.
(b) Ask who her real mother and father are.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Ask their forgiveness.
2. What does Gordon think of Eliza?
(a) That she is a spy.
(b) That she is mysterious and exotic.
(c) He thinks nothing of her.
(d) That she is ugly.
3. What has Gordon been doing at the opening of this chapter?
(a) Eating breakfast.
(b) Helping an elderly couple move their belongings from a bombed building.
(c) Out drinking.
(d) Gone to church.
4. What does Lady Fairfax take with her when she leaves her husband?
(a) Her cat.
(b) Her dog.
(d) Her horse.
5. What does Maude name her baby?
(c) Violet Angela.
6. Whose party is Isobel attending on Christmas eve?
(c) No one.
7. What does Isobel wonder about reality?
(a) If it can be relative.
(c) If it is every true.
(d) If there is such as thing as reality.
8. How many babies has Maude lost?
9. Who has committed suicide?
(b) Mr. Baxter.
(d) Mr. Primrose.
10. What happens to Malcolm's car?
(a) It is hit by another car.
(b) It blows a gasket.
(c) It runs out of gas.
(d) It gets a flat tire.
11. What is Audrey's occupation?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A housewife.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A priest in the Anglican church.
12. Who dies in a car accident in 1962?
13. What has happened to a building Gordon passes?
(a) It has been painted.
(b) It has had several rooms added on to it.
(c) It has cracked from the stress of an earthquake.
(d) It has been recently bombed.
14. When is Isobel released from the hospital?
(a) In May.
(b) In early August.
(c) In late April.
(d) In June.
15. When does "Future: Streets of Trees" take place?
(a) In the early part of the 20th century.
(b) The mid-19th century.
(c) About two years after Isobel graduates from high school.
(d) Some time in the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isobel witness a boy doing in the kitchen?
2. Why does Malcolm supposedly hit a tree in his car?
3. What does Gordon remember about Eliza much later after they are married?
4. What does Malcolm ask Isobel about for after the New Year?
5. What do Vinny and Charlotte think of Eliza before they meet her?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)