|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Robert Kavanagh?
(a) Isobel's uncle.
(b) A Navy Captain.
(c) Gordon's best friend in college.
(d) A forester.
2. How many babies has Maude lost?
3. Who has committed suicide?
(a) Mr. Baxter.
(c) Mr. Primrose.
4. What is Audrey's occupation?
(a) A priest in the Anglican church.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A housewife.
(d) A prostitute.
5. Who is Renee?
(a) Debbie's baby.
(b) Charles' girlfriend.
(c) Gordon's mistress.
(d) Isobel's dog.
6. Who makes the Christmas turkey in Isobel's home?
7. What does Gordon think of Eliza?
(a) He thinks nothing of her.
(b) That she is mysterious and exotic.
(c) That she is a spy.
(d) That she is ugly.
8. What has Gordon been doing at the opening of this chapter?
(a) Gone to church.
(b) Eating breakfast.
(c) Out drinking.
(d) Helping an elderly couple move their belongings from a bombed building.
9. Who is one of Eliza's clients when she works as a prostitute?
(a) Dr. Lovat.
(b) Gordon Fairfax.
(c) Sir Edward de Breville.
(d) Dr. Hyden.
10. Where does Gordon meet Eliza?
(a) He finds her inside the building.
(b) At the sidewalk in front of the building.
(c) At the city morgue.
(d) At the hospital.
11. What does Herbert do to his "daughter"?
(a) Kills her.
(b) Beats her regularly.
(c) Sends her to the best schools.
(d) Molests her.
12. What does Isobel notice about the party guests?
(a) She knows almost no one.
(b) They are all much older than she is.
(c) They are all very friendly.
(d) They are all quite drunk.
13. What relationship has piqued Lady Fairfax's curiosity?
(a) That of Emme and Dr. Lukot.
(b) That of Audrey and Mr. Baxter.
(c) That of Sir Francis and Eliza.
(d) That of Sir Francis and Lady Margaret.
14. What does Malcolm ask Isobel about for after the New Year?
(a) If she wants to move to London with him.
(b) If she wants to go to visit Paris with him.
(c) If she wants to be engaged to him.
15. What does Isobel wonder in her confusion?
(a) If she has been in a coma.
(b) If she has been dreaming.
(c) If her father resurrected her mother.
(d) If she is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Audrey have?
2. What is Debbie engrossed in doing?
3. Who is the narrator in "Future: Streets of Trees"?
4. What does Lady Fairfax find when she enters Robert Kavanagh's cabin the first time?
5. What is Lady Margaret's relationship to Sir Francis?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)