|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isobel notice about the party guests?
(a) She knows almost no one.
(b) They are all much older than she is.
(c) They are all very friendly.
(d) They are all quite drunk.
2. What happens when Isobel helps Debbie to the couch?
(a) She falls asleep.
(b) She dies.
(c) She goes into labor.
(d) She goes into a coma.
3. What happens to Malcolm's car?
(a) It gets a flat tire.
(b) It runs out of gas.
(c) It is hit by another car.
(d) It blows a gasket.
4. What does Gordon do one day when Eliza is sleeping?
(a) Cuts a lock of her hair.
(b) Draws a picture of her asleep.
(c) Writes her a letter.
(d) Goes through her belongings.
5. What does the family hear outside as they are enjoying their Christmas?
(a) A chainsaw.
(b) A tractor starting.
(c) A car horn.
(d) An owl hooting.
6. How does Maude respond to what Violet Angela tells her?
(a) Maude kills Herbert.
(b) Maude divorces Herbert.
(c) Maude confines Violet to her room.
(d) Maude becomes hysterical and is confine to an institution.
7. Where does Lady Fairfax spent a great deal of time?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In bed.
8. Why is Lady Margaret's tutor worried about her?
(a) She talks of running away.
(b) She is pregnant and Sir Francis is abusing her.
(c) She imagines things that are not there.
(d) She is despondent.
9. Who dies in a car accident in 1962?
10. Who is Jodi?
(a) The name Isobel gives the baby.
(b) The name Vinny gives the baby.
(c) A cousin who unexpectedly arrives Christmas eve.
(d) The name Audrey suggests for the baby.
11. Who is Robert Kavanagh?
(a) A Navy Captain.
(b) A forester.
(c) Isobel's uncle.
(d) Gordon's best friend in college.
12. What does Isobel wonder about reality?
(a) If it can be relative.
(b) If it is every true.
(c) If there is such as thing as reality.
13. What is Audrey's occupation?
(a) A housewife.
(b) A priest in the Anglican church.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A prostitute.
14. To what does Isobel awaken in Chapter X?
(a) The sounds of Christmas carols.
(b) The smell of cooking bacon.
(c) The smell of bread pudding cooking.
(d) The sounds of a chainsaw.
15. Who becomes a geologist?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Malcolm supposedly hit a tree in his car?
2. What does Malcolm want to do?
3. Who makes the Christmas turkey in Isobel's home?
4. What is Lady Margaret's relationship to Sir Francis?
5. Who is lodging with the Fairfaxes?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)