|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maude respond to what Violet Angela tells her?
(a) Maude kills Herbert.
(b) Maude divorces Herbert.
(c) Maude confines Violet to her room.
(d) Maude becomes hysterical and is confine to an institution.
2. Who is Robert Kavanagh?
(a) A forester.
(b) Gordon's best friend in college.
(c) A Navy Captain.
(d) Isobel's uncle.
3. Who is Renee?
(a) Isobel's dog.
(b) Debbie's baby.
(c) Gordon's mistress.
(d) Charles' girlfriend.
4. Who visits Isobel in the hospital in the beginning of Chapter XII?
(a) Mr. Rice.
(b) Eunice and Carmen.
5. Who does Lady Margaret say is responsible for some bruises on her?
(a) Master Shakespeare.
(b) Herself from falling.
(c) Robert Kavanagh.
(d) Sir Francis.
6. Whose party is Isobel attending on Christmas eve?
(a) No one.
7. Who is having a conversation in "Experiements With Aliens"?
(a) Gordon and Charlotte.
(b) Gordon and Eliza.
(c) Isobel and Gordon.
(d) Charles and Isobel.
8. What does Gordon do one day when Eliza is sleeping?
(a) Goes through her belongings.
(b) Writes her a letter.
(c) Cuts a lock of her hair.
(d) Draws a picture of her asleep.
9. What relationship has piqued Lady Fairfax's curiosity?
(a) That of Sir Francis and Eliza.
(b) That of Sir Francis and Lady Margaret.
(c) That of Emme and Dr. Lukot.
(d) That of Audrey and Mr. Baxter.
10. What does Isobel wonder about Mr. Baxter?
(a) If he really did molest Audrey.
(b) If he is someone else.
(c) If he killed Eliza.
(d) If Mrs. Baxter killed him.
11. Where does Gordon meet Eliza?
(a) At the sidewalk in front of the building.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) He finds her inside the building.
(d) At the city morgue.
12. How did Gordon "kill" Eliza?
(a) He drowned her.
(b) He wanted her to change and thus killed her spirit.
(c) He beat her to death.
(d) He paid a thug to kill her.
13. Who is one of Eliza's clients when she works as a prostitute?
(a) Gordon Fairfax.
(b) Dr. Lovat.
(c) Dr. Hyden.
(d) Sir Edward de Breville.
14. What does Violet Angela intend to do when she returns to Maude and Herbert's house after leaving?
(a) Ask their forgiveness.
(b) Destroy everything in the house.
(c) Ask who her real mother and father are.
(d) Kill them.
15. How do Hilary and Richard supposedly die?
(a) In a train wreck.
(b) On a motorcycle.
(c) In a fire.
(d) Malcolm hits them in his car by accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Audrey's occupation?
2. What does Herbert do to his "daughter"?
3. Who is the person sitting next to Gordon?
4. What does Lady Fairfax find when she enters Robert Kavanagh's cabin the first time?
5. Who is Esme?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)