|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Fairfax family buy in the 20th century?
(a) A house built on their previous manor.
(b) An estate in a neighboring county.
(c) A library of old books.
2. Why is Mr. Rice in trouble with Debbie?
(a) He broke a good piece of her china.
(b) She catches him in a compromising position.
(c) He promised to mow her lawn and has not.
(d) He owes her money.
3. In what year does Francis Fairfax arrive in Lythe?
4. How many photographs do Isobel and Charles have of their mother?
(a) 1 each.
(d) They each have several.
5. What does Richard Primrose do when he enters Isobel's room?
(a) Gives her some information about her mother.
(b) Reads her part of a Shakespeare play.
(c) Asks her to the prom.
(d) Attacks her.
6. Who claims to be the mother of the baby?
7. What is Audrey doing during the lecture that bores Isobel?
(a) Eating a bag of peanuts.
(b) Taking copious notes.
(c) Writing a poem.
8. For how long have historians searched for the Fairfax jewel?
(a) A few months.
(b) 400 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 100 years.
9. Where do Malcolm and Isobel visit?
(a) An amphitheater in the city park.
(b) Malcolm's grandmother in a nursing home.
(c) Malcolm's mother in the hospital.
(d) A park outside of the town.
10. Why do the Baxters call their home "Sithean"?
(a) Because it is a Scottish name.
(b) It is the name of the closest town.
(c) It is the name of Mrs. Baxter's ancestors.
(d) Isobel does not explain.
11. When Isobel hears the supposed name of Debbie's illness, what does she wonder?
(a) About the presence of doppelgangers.
(b) About Debbie leaving them to go to a mental hospital.
(c) About whether Debbie is the reason for Eliza's disappearance.
(d) About whether Debbie will disappear.
12. What does Isobel do when she hears a voice?
(a) Wakes Charles.
(b) Runs away.
(d) Asks for her mama.
13. What does Isobel see when she experiences a time warp in this section?
(a) A young Vinny.
(b) Eliza as a child.
(c) Eliza in a past life in the 1700s.
(d) Her father as a fighter pilot.
14. What does Lady Fairfax give Francis Fairfax?
(a) A daughter.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A prophesy.
(d) A son.
15. What does Vinny do with anything Mr. Rice leaves at the house?
(a) Gives it to a thrift shop.
(b) Packs it in a box and puts it in the cellar.
(c) Burns it all.
(d) Gives it to a local homeless man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimatum does Eliza give Gordon?
2. What do Charles and Isobel find when they go into the woods to look for their parents?
3. What does Eliza sometimes do with Charles and Isobel on vacation at the seashore?
4. What happens in 1605 at the Fairfax manor?
5. What does Charles give Gordon?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)