|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims to be the mother of the baby?
2. What does Gordon tell Isobel about Eliza at the end of the chapter?
(a) That Isobel must claim the baby as her own.
(b) That Eliza is in the United States and he was with her while he was gone.
(c) That Charles has to start seeing a psychiatrist.
(d) That he killed Eliza.
3. What happens in 1605 at the Fairfax manor?
(a) Francis Fairfax dies.
(b) The manor burns to the ground.
(c) Francis Fairfax dies.
(d) An outbreak of the smallpox.
4. What does Vinny suspect Mr. Rice of doing?
(a) Harming one of her cats.
(b) Stealing a bottle of wine from her cellar.
(c) Being mean to the new puppy.
(d) Dropping a nail on the driveway which her tire picks up.
5. What does Isobel see when she experiences a time warp in this section?
(a) A young Vinny.
(b) Her father as a fighter pilot.
(c) Eliza as a child.
(d) Eliza in a past life in the 1700s.
6. What does Isobel find when searching Vinny's wardrobe?
(a) Some ticket stubs.
(b) A new purse.
(c) A single, unusual shoe.
(d) A one-way plane ticket to the United States.
7. What is the date of the setting of the novel?
8. What does Charlotte tell the children about their father?
(b) He has married someone else.
(c) He is with their mother, and they will be home in a week.
(d) He is dead.
9. Who is Debbie?
(a) Gordon's sister.
(b) One of the neighbors.
(c) Gordon's second wife.
(d) One of Isobel's children.
10. What is the table covered in one morning when Isobel goes downstairs?
(a) Lottery tickets.
(c) Raw meat.
11. Who is Malcolm Lovat?
(a) Charles' best friend.
(b) The groom.
(c) The man with whom Isobel is in love.
(d) Gordon's brother-in-law.
12. Where does Gordon say Eliza is?
(a) At the police station.
(b) In a motel.
(c) At home.
(d) In the hospital.
13. Where does Isobel think she has been transported one day on her way home from school?
(a) The 19th century.
(c) The 16th century.
(d) The 12th century.
14. How many photographs do Isobel and Charles have of their mother?
(a) They each have several.
(d) 1 each.
15. What does Debbie have a history of?
(a) Failed parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Gordon disappear after his wife is gone?
2. For how long have historians searched for the Fairfax jewel?
3. Where do Malcolm and Isobel visit?
4. What does Isobel end up asking Audrey?
5. What happens to Lady Fairfax one day?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)