|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through V. Untitled: Backward People.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eliza do when she goes into labor with Isobel?
(a) Locks herself in her room and gives birth alone.
(b) Goes into the woods to have the baby.
(c) Goes to the local midwife's home.
(d) Makes Gordon take her to London for the birth.
2. Where does Gordon meet Eliza?
(a) When he goes to a polo match after WWII.
(b) When he is imprisoned in Germany in WWII.
(c) When he rescues her from a bombed building.
(d) At the opera.
3. What does Eliza sometimes do with Charles and Isobel on vacation at the seashore?
(a) Dig for clams.
(b) Paddle in the shallow water.
(c) Make sand castles.
4. What happens to Lady Fairfax one day?
(a) A gypsy tells her fortune.
(b) A cleric slaps her during one of her hysterical moments.
(c) A wolf attacks her.
(d) She went for a walk and disappeared.
5. What does the Fairfax family buy in the 20th century?
(a) A house built on their previous manor.
(b) An estate in a neighboring county.
(d) A library of old books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gordon say Eliza is?
2. What happens in 1605 at the Fairfax manor?
3. Where does Isobel think she has been transported one day on her way home from school?
4. How does Eunice upset Isobel?
5. What does Charles say they must do?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)