|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through IV. Present: Leaves of Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charles lament?
(a) His lack of education.
(b) His short stature.
(c) His ugly wife.
(d) His lack of culture.
2. What does Charlotte want Gordon to do when he finishes school?
(a) Go to medical school.
(b) Run for parliament.
(c) Go into law.
(d) Take over the family grocery business.
3. What does Francis Fairfax give his wife when he marries?
(a) The famous Fairfax Jewel.
(b) A thousand pounds.
(c) A separate allowance.
(d) An expensive mare.
4. What is the table covered in one morning when Isobel goes downstairs?
(b) Lottery tickets.
(c) Raw meat.
5. What does the Fairfax family buy in the 20th century?
(a) A house built on their previous manor.
(b) An estate in a neighboring county.
(d) A library of old books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Mr. Rice leaves behind when he vacates the house?
2. Of what does Isobel have no memory?
3. For what do the Baxters make excuses?
4. What is Audrey doing during the lecture that bores Isobel?
5. How does Eunice upset Isobel?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)