Essay Topics/Writing Assignments
These 20 essay questions can be used as essay questions on a test, or as stand-alone essay topics for a take-home or in-class writing assignment. Students should have a full understanding of the text in order to answer these questions. They ask for a thorough analysis of the text.
1. "Human Croquet" is a post-modern historical fiction. Discuss the following:
1. Define the word "genre" in the context of literary criticism.
2. Why do you think fiction is categorized by genre?
3. Does it help to know how a book is categorized as to its genre before reading it? Explain.
4. Post-modern historical fiction is often considered difficult to understand by many readers. What is your take on "Human Croquet" as far as ease of reading? Explain your answer with examples.
5. What is your favorite...
This section contains 2,287 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)