|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chief Medical Officer think will solve the monkey problem?
(a) He does not have a plan.
(b) Ban all alcohol from the town.
(c) Have the monkeys eat marijuana leaves.
(d) Vaccinate the monkeys against rabies.
2. What do the police do when they find out Sampath is Pinky’s brother?
(a) They joke about her brother with her.
(b) They call a psychiatrist.
(c) They decide insanity runs in the family.
(d) The let her go.
3. How is the furor over the monkeys affecting Sampath?
(a) People are not paying attention to what he says.
(b) He is afraid he will be kicked out of the orchard.
(c) It is not affecting Sampath.
(d) He is disturbed constantly, even in the middle of the night.
4. Why is Verma’s plan rejected?
(a) It is too unsanitary and violent.
(b) No one wants to leave the orchard alone for two weeks.
(c) No one wants to burn so many trees.
(d) People want Sampath to stay where he is.
5. What does Pinky decide to write about to Hungry Hop boy?
(a) How they have known each other since they were children.
(b) How she would not bite him again if he would speak to her.
(c) How her brother lives in a tree.
(d) How she was not charged with a crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the monkeys do when the photographer is in the tree?
2. What plan does the Brigadier decide will solve the monkey problem?
3. What do the monkeys do with all of Sampath’s mail?
4. What does the Hungry Hop boy think he will do when he meets Pinky in Chapter 23?
5. For what does the Chawla family have enough money in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What brings the monkeys back into the limelight in Chapter 18, and what makes the community fear them?
2. What does the man in the biology department think about when he is reading the article about the monkeys in the orchard and what does his wife say?
3. Why does Mr. Chawla visit the Chief Medical Office? How does the officer feel about Mr. Chawla, and what does he tell Mr. Chawla?
4. What happens with the pictures the photographer takes of Sampath, and how does this change what is going on with Sampath?
5. What is Mr. Chawla’s plan for the monkeys?
6. What does Pinky decide to do about the Hungry Hop boy being afraid of her?
7. What happens when the three men with plans for the monkey problem ask Sampath for his blessing?
8. How is Sampath feeling about the orchard with all that is going on by Chaper 21?
9. How does Pinky get the Hungry Hop boy to like her again?
10. How does Sampath end up friends with monkeys?
This section contains 1,257 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)