|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the holy men of the monkey temple say about themselves?
(a) They will sacrifice themselves for the monkeys.
(b) They know how to talk to the monkeys.
(c) They are filing a law suit against Sampath.
(d) They know how to move the monkeys.
2. What does Sampath do about the monkeys in Chapter 15?
(a) He lectures them on their behavior.
(b) He tells them to go away.
(c) He hits the lead monkey over the head.
(d) He feeds them with food filled with alcohol.
3. In Chapter 23, on what day does Pinky tell the Hungry Hop boy to meet her?
(a) April 1.
(b) May 2.
(c) May 4.
(d) April 30.
4. Why are other towns protesting the Medical Officer’s plan?
(a) They are not protesting anything.
(b) They do not believe that is the real problem with the monkeys.
(c) They do not want dead monkeys lying around.
(d) They think the monkeys will come to their town.
5. Why are Pinky and Amma impressed with Miss Jyotsna?
(a) She climbs the tree to talk to Sampath.
(b) She hits the atheist in the stomach with her purse.
(c) She tells the monkeys to quiet down and they do.
(d) She tells the owner of the orchard to go away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are monkey bites dangerous?
2. How does the Hungry Hop boy feel about the girl to whom his sisters introduce him?
3. What is Sampath’s response to all the confusion with the plans and people?
4. What does Pinky asks Sampath in Chapter 23?
5. Why is Kulfi worried about Sampath in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that causes Sampath to lose control of the monkeys, and what do the monkeys do?
2. What are the three plans that Verma, the Chief Medical Officer and the Brigadier come up with to solve the monkey problem?
3. Why is there a photographer at the orchard and what happens with him?
4. Why is the Hungry Hop boy not outside in Chapter 22?
5. How does Pinky end up at the police station?
6. How does Sampath end up friends with monkeys?
7. What does Mr. Chawla want to do with his money from Sampath’s fame? What does Sampath say about the idea?
8. What is Mr. Chawla’s plan for the monkeys?
9. What happens at the first proposal meeting at the DC’s residence?
10. What is Kulfi searching for in Chapter 17? What are some of her ideas, and where does she go to look for it?
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)