|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where have the monkeys raided in Chapter 21 looking for liquor?
(a) The Downtown Café and Bar.
(b) The university’s cafeteria.
(c) The former Chawla’s residence.
(d) A retired Judge’s residence.
2. Where is the Hungry Hop boy at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) At the hospital.
(b) At his mother’s house.
(c) At home.
(d) At his girlfriend’s house.
3. What is Sampath doing with Pinky in Chapter 16?
(a) Teaching her how to talk with monkeys.
(b) Trying to console her.
(c) Finding her a husband.
(d) Showing her how to sleep in a tree.
4. What do the police do with Pinky when they first arrest her?
(a) They handcuff her.
(b) They put her in jail for two days.
(c) They are very harsh with her.
(d) They laught at her.
5. What makes the monkeys go out of control in Chapter 13?
(a) They discover they like rum.
(b) They eat some of Kulfi’s cooking.
(c) Someone throws a rock at them and kills one of them.
(d) They eat hallucinogenic mushrooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Brigadier doing to help with the plan in Chapter 22?
2. What does Sampath do about the monkeys in Chapter 15?
3. What do the holy men of the monkey temple say about themselves?
4. Why is Mr. Chawla upset about the monkeys being in the orchard?
5. What does Kulfi plan to do for Sampath in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the first proposal meeting at the DC’s residence?
2. What does Pinky decide to do about the Hungry Hop boy being afraid of her?
3. What is Mr. Chawla’s plan for the monkeys?
4. Why is there a photographer at the orchard and what happens with him?
5. How does Sampath end up friends with monkeys?
6. What is interfering with Sampath trying to console Pinky about the Hungry Hop boy?
7. What is Kulfi searching for in Chapter 17? What are some of her ideas, and where does she go to look for it?
8. How does Pinky get the Hungry Hop boy to like her again?
9. What are the three plans that Verma, the Chief Medical Officer and the Brigadier come up with to solve the monkey problem?
10. What is the Brigadier doing about the monkeys in Chapter 22?
This section contains 1,248 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)