|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the note from the Hungry Hop boy to Pinky contain in Chapter 23?
(a) His schedule for the ice cream van.
(b) His sisters’ plans.
(c) It tells her to stay away from his house.
(d) His pledge of undying love.
2. What do the monkeys do with the pots and pans in the compound?
(a) Bury them.
(b) Leave them alone.
(c) Throw them all over.
(d) Put them in the river.
3. Why are other towns protesting the Medical Officer’s plan?
(a) They are not protesting anything.
(b) They think the monkeys will come to their town.
(c) They do not want dead monkeys lying around.
(d) They do not believe that is the real problem with the monkeys.
4. What do the police do with Pinky when they first arrest her?
(a) They put her in jail for two days.
(b) They handcuff her.
(c) They laught at her.
(d) They are very harsh with her.
5. What is Kulfi thinking about cooking in Chapter 21?
(a) A monkey.
(c) Plain porridge.
(d) A guava pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two factions who oppose each other about the monkeys do?
2. What does Pinky’s note make Hungry Hop boy think?
3. Why are Pinky and Amma impressed with Miss Jyotsna?
4. Why is Verma’s plan rejected?
5. Why is Mr. Chawla concerned about he monkeys in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that causes Sampath to lose control of the monkeys, and what do the monkeys do?
2. What do the two factions who disagree about the monkey problem do? What does Miss Jyotsna do, and how do Amma and Pinky feel about the monkey situation?
3. What are the three plans that Verma, the Chief Medical Officer and the Brigadier come up with to solve the monkey problem?
4. What happens with the pictures the photographer takes of Sampath, and how does this change what is going on with Sampath?
5. How does Sampath end up friends with monkeys?
6. What is Mr. Chawla’s plan for the monkeys?
7. What happens at the first proposal meeting at the DC’s residence?
8. Why is there a photographer at the orchard and what happens with him?
9. How does Pinky end up at the police station?
10. What does Sampath do when the monkeys return to the compound, and then what do the monkeys do?
This section contains 1,335 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)