|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the secretary to the person who arrives in town at the beginning of Chapter 20?
(a) Hungry Hop Boy.
(b) Mr. Gupta
(d) Mr. Chawla.
2. What do the monkeys do when the photographer is in the tree?
(a) They attack the photographer.
(c) They try to get in the picture.
(d) They are very quiet and watchful.
3. What is Sampath trying to do in Chapter 17 with which he is having a problem?
(a) Convince his father to return to the bank.
(b) Write a poem.
(c) Write his memoir.
(d) Eat all the food his mother gives him.
4. How does the Hungry Hop Boy feel when he thinks of Pinky in Chapter 16?
5. How many sisters does Hungry Hop boy have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the monkeys do with the pots and pans in the compound?
2. What does the Hungry Hop boy think he will do when he meets Pinky in Chapter 23?
3. What does Pinky asks Sampath in Chapter 23?
4. What does the Chief Medical Officer think will solve the monkey problem?
5. What does the town official tell Mr. Chawla about Rama?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mr. Chawla’s plan for the monkeys?
2. What worries Kulfi about Sampath in Chapter 21, and what does she plan to do about it?
3. What happens with the pictures the photographer takes of Sampath, and how does this change what is going on with Sampath?
4. What happens at the first proposal meeting at the DC’s residence?
5. How does Pinky end up at the police station?
6. What happens when the three men with plans for the monkey problem ask Sampath for his blessing?
7. What brings the monkeys back into the limelight in Chapter 18, and what makes the community fear them?
8. What happens that causes Sampath to lose control of the monkeys, and what do the monkeys do?
9. What does Mr. Chawla want to do with his money from Sampath’s fame? What does Sampath say about the idea?
10. What do the monkeys do when they come back from the bazaar drunk?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)