|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sampath insist about the monkeys in Chapter 14?
(a) They give him ideas for sermons.
(b) They are not drunk.
(c) They are becoming a nuisance.
(d) They should be taken somewhere else.
2. Who protests the Medical Officer’s plan?
(a) The Monkey Protection Club.
(b) No one.
(c) The Fathers for a Free Society.
(d) The café owners.
3. Where have the monkeys raided in Chapter 21 looking for liquor?
(a) The university’s cafeteria.
(b) The Downtown Café and Bar.
(c) The former Chawla’s residence.
(d) A retired Judge’s residence.
4. How is the furor over the monkeys affecting Sampath?
(a) He is disturbed constantly, even in the middle of the night.
(b) He is afraid he will be kicked out of the orchard.
(c) It is not affecting Sampath.
(d) People are not paying attention to what he says.
5. How does Pinky get her note to Hungry Hop boy?
(a) She drops it off at his job.
(b) She sends it through the post office.
(c) She throws it in the bathroom window.
(d) She gives it to one of his sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the secretary to the person who arrives in town at the beginning of Chapter 20?
2. In Chapter 16, what is there talk of building at the orchard?
3. Why are Pinky and Amma impressed with Miss Jyotsna?
4. Where is the first meeting to consider a proposal about the monkey problem held?
5. What is Sampath trying to do in Chapter 17 with which he is having a problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Chawla visit the Chief Medical Office? How does the officer feel about Mr. Chawla, and what does he tell Mr. Chawla?
2. What happens with the pictures the photographer takes of Sampath, and how does this change what is going on with Sampath?
3. What is the Brigadier doing about the monkeys in Chapter 22?
4. How does Pinky end up at the police station?
5. What happens at the first proposal meeting at the DC’s residence?
6. Why is the Hungry Hop boy not outside in Chapter 22?
7. What happens when the three men with plans for the monkey problem ask Sampath for his blessing?
8. What is Kulfi searching for in Chapter 17? What are some of her ideas, and where does she go to look for it?
9. What are the three plans that Verma, the Chief Medical Officer and the Brigadier come up with to solve the monkey problem?
10. What does Sampath do when the monkeys return to the compound, and then what do the monkeys do?
This section contains 1,233 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)