|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who wants to expose Sampath as a fraud think might be true when he smells the air around the tree?
(a) Sampath is not bathing regularly.
(b) Sampath is being fed strange food.
(c) Sampath might be on drugs.
(d) Sampath’s chamber pot is being emptied too close to the tree.
2. How much money does the Chawla family begin to make off Sampath?
(a) More than Mr. Chawla makes at his job.
(b) They do not make any money off Sampath.
(c) Just a little money.
(d) Enough to put huge amounts into a savings account.
3. When living in the tree, how does Sampath get food at first?
(a) It is dropped by hand glider.
(b) It is taken up by a local boy.
(c) One of the orchard pickers takes it to him.
(d) Pinky climbs up the tree with it.
4. What kind of pictures does Kulfi draw?
(a) Pictures of animals.
(b) Pictures of babies.
(c) Pictures of food.
(d) Pictures of landscapes.
5. What do the police in Shahkot offer to sponsor?
(a) A frog wedding.
(b) A self-defense course.
(c) A pre-cricket match dance.
(d) A registration of children in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sampath know the food his mother cooks him is not poisonous?
2. What does Mr. Chawla decide in Chapter 8 that Sampath could do for the family?
3. Why is Pinky mortified around the ice cream boy in Chapter 9?
4. For what is everyone in Shahkot hoping at the beginning of the book?
5. What does the newspaper say about Sampath in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pinky feel about all the attention given to her brother? What happens when she goes to the bazaar, and what does Mr. Chawla tell her to do about it?
2. What does Sampath do when he is given a pile of letters at work in Chapter 4?
3. What does Kulfi do when Sampath’s father is talking to him about getting fired? What happens after Sampath takes Kulfi’s offering?
4. What does Sampath do during the night in Chapter 2? What does he see in the morning? What does his grandmother say to him in the morning?
5. How does the Chawla family react to Sampath’s disappearance in Chapter 6?
6. In Chapter 8, how is the Chawla family taking care of Sampath in the tree?
7. What happens to Amma and Pinky when they go to the denture market?
8. How does Sampath amaze Jyotsna with his knowledge?
9. How did Kulfi end up married to Mr. Chawla?
10. How is Shahkot’s problem finally alleviated, and what does Kulfi do when the answer comes?
This section contains 1,369 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)