|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kulfi offer Sampath when his father is criticizing him for his behavior at the wedding?
(a) A piece of advice.
(b) A banana.
(c) A fresh guava.
(d) A smile.
2. Why does Mr. Chawla complain to his mother in Chapter 1?
(a) His wife will not clean the house.
(b) His boss wants him to work too many hours.
(c) His mother arranged his marriage.
(d) His sister continues to steal money from him.
3. What does Mr. Chawla decide in Chapter 8 that Sampath could do for the family?
(a) Make a lot of money for the family.
(b) Get them into a bigger house.
(c) Make the family famous.
(d) Get them into the movies.
4. Where does Sampath work?
(a) The post office.
(b) The library.
(c) His father’s bank
(d) The grocery store.
5. What picture does Sampath think about on his way home from work in Chapter 4?
(a) An ape with a very big, red bottom.
(b) A beautiful princess.
(c) A painting done by his mother.
(d) A picture of a huge mansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the Chawla family begin to make off Sampath?
2. What is Sampath looking at during breakfast one morning?
3. What happens when Pinky goes to the bazaar one day?
4. How does Pinky decide she is going to get to work in Chapter 4?
5. When Sampath’s family and others gather beneath the tree in Chapter 7, what does Sampath say?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kulfi end up married to Mr. Chawla?
2. How does Mr. Chawla feel towards Sampath at breakfast in Chapter 3? What does he do, and what is Sampath’s response?
3. Why does the reporter from the atheist society think Sampath might be on drugs, and what does the reporter decide to do?
4. Where does Sampath sneak off to during the wedding, and what does he do?
5. How does Pinky feel about all the attention given to her brother? What happens when she goes to the bazaar, and what does Mr. Chawla tell her to do about it?
6. How does the Chawla family first react to Sampath living in a tree, and what does Kulfi say about it?
7. What does Mr. Chawla do about his wife’s pregnancy? What does his mother suggest, and what does Kulfi do?
8. How does Pinky feel about what sections her father reads in the newspaper? What does she find interesting in the news?
9. What is going on with Sampath at the beginning of Chapter 2?
10. How does the Chawla family react to Sampath’s disappearance in Chapter 6?
This section contains 1,262 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)