|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kulfi think about all the time?
(b) How to get away from her hometown.
(c) Her father’s illness.
(d) The captain of the cricket team.
2. Where does Sampath fall asleep in Chapter 6?
(a) At a youth hostel.
(b) At a table in the library.
(c) In a shed in the on a farm.
(d) In the branch of a guava tree.
3. What does Kulfi collect in the woods and ponds?
(a) Examples of the beauty of nature.
(c) Strange looking insects.
(d) Exotic foods.
4. Who wants to expose Sampath as a fraud?
(a) A reporter from an atheist society.
(b) A college professor from the philosophy department.
(c) A local holy man.
(d) A reporter from the local newspaper.
5. In Chapter 10, what does the Chawla family do at the orchard?
(a) Buy the orchard.
(b) Set up a booth to sell tickets to see Sampath.
(c) Fence off the tree in which Sampath is staying.
(d) Set up living quarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sampath finally do in Chapter 2 after he is unable to sleep?
2. What does Sampath do when he jumps in the fountain?
3. How does Pinky feel about her brother’s behavior in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 3, what news does Pinky think is more interesting than the news Mr. Chawla reads
5. When Sampath is first born, what does he seem like to Kulfi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Amma and Pinky when they go to the denture market?
2. In Chapter 7, how does Sampath end up being considered a wise man?
3. How does Mr. Chawla feel towards Sampath at breakfast in Chapter 3? What does he do, and what is Sampath’s response?
4. How is Pinky getting to work when Chapter 4 opens, and what happens with that form of transportation?
5. How does the Chawla family first react to Sampath living in a tree, and what does Kulfi say about it?
6. How does the Chawla family react to Sampath’s disappearance in Chapter 6?
7. How does Pinky feel about what sections her father reads in the newspaper? What does she find interesting in the news?
8. What does Sampath do during the night in Chapter 2? What does he see in the morning? What does his grandmother say to him in the morning?
9. What happens at the moment of Kulfi’s baby’s birth?
10. Who helps Kulfi deliver her baby? What is distinguishing about the baby? What is he named?
This section contains 1,232 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)