|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pictures does Kulfi draw?
(a) Pictures of landscapes.
(b) Pictures of animals.
(c) Pictures of babies.
(d) Pictures of food.
2. What kind of books does Mr. Chawla buy in Chapter 1?
(a) Books on how to find a new job.
(b) Books on babies.
(c) Books on confronting family members.
(d) Books on motivating a wife.
3. Why does Mr. Chawla send Pinky with Amma to the market?
(a) So Amma can get Sampath new clothes.
(b) So Amma can advertise for Sampath.
(c) So Amma can get a set of dentures.
(d) So Amma can meet the man Pinky likes.
4. In Chapter 4, why is Sampath told to come to work early the next day?
(a) His shift is changing to start an hour earlier.
(b) He did not get all his work done.
(c) He is getting overtime.
(d) So he can take some documents across town by eight.
5. What does Kulfi collect in the woods and ponds?
(a) Strange looking insects.
(c) Exotic foods.
(d) Examples of the beauty of nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sampath do with a pile of letters he is given in Chapter 4?
2. With what does Mr. Chawla become obsessed?
3. What does Sampath do at a wedding he attends?
4. How old is Kulfi Chawla?
5. For what is everyone in Shahkot hoping at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sampath do when he is given a pile of letters at work in Chapter 4?
2. How does Pinky feel about what sections her father reads in the newspaper? What does she find interesting in the news?
3. How is Shahkot’s problem finally alleviated, and what does Kulfi do when the answer comes?
4. What happens at the moment of Kulfi’s baby’s birth?
5. In Chapter 8, how is the Chawla family taking care of Sampath in the tree?
6. In Chapter 7, how does Sampath end up being considered a wise man?
7. Why is Sampath fired from his job?
8. What is the problem in Shahkot, India, and what are some of the ways the people think to try and solve the problem?
9. What kind of food is Kulfi feeding Sampath, and what does she do in order to cook it?
10. What happens to Amma and Pinky when they go to the denture market?
This section contains 1,320 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)