|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sampath do with a pile of letters he is given in Chapter 4?
(a) Sorts them into piles by sender.
(b) Takes them to the post office.
(c) Steams them open and reads them.
(d) Reads them and takes notes for his boss.
2. What does Kulfi think about all the time?
(a) Her father’s illness.
(b) How to get away from her hometown.
(c) The captain of the cricket team.
3. Why is Sampath miserable at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) He cannot find a job.
(b) His girlfriend broke up with him.
(c) He did not get accepted at the college he wanted.
(d) There is a heat wave.
4. For what is Sampath’s boss recruiting some of his employees?
(a) To work overtime on the weekend.
(b) To keep the coffee pot full.
(c) To help with his daughter’s wedding.
(d) To take a cut in hours.
5. Where does Sampath work?
(a) The post office.
(b) The library.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) His father’s bank
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Chawla realize is part of Sampath’s appeal?
2. With what does Kulfi bribe the butcher?
3. In Chapter 10, what does the Chawla family do at the orchard?
4. As shown in Chapter 2, what does Mr. Chawla demand from his family?
5. What does Vermaji invent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the moment of Kulfi’s baby’s birth?
2. Why does a reporter from the atheist society talk to Sampath, and what happens when he does talk to Sampath?
3. How is Shahkot’s problem finally alleviated, and what does Kulfi do when the answer comes?
4. What happens to Amma and Pinky when they go to the denture market?
5. What does Sampath do during the night in Chapter 2? What does he see in the morning? What does his grandmother say to him in the morning?
6. How does the Chawla family first react to Sampath living in a tree, and what does Kulfi say about it?
7. What does the atheist spy decide about Sampath’s food? How does the atheist spy try to investigate it? How does Kulfi’s cooking relate to the number of hours Mr. Chawla allows people to see Sampath?
8. How is Pinky getting to work when Chapter 4 opens, and what happens with that form of transportation?
9. What does Sampath do when he is given a pile of letters at work in Chapter 4?
10. What does Mr. Chawla do about his wife’s pregnancy? What does his mother suggest, and what does Kulfi do?
This section contains 1,274 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)