|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of course does Pinky want to take?
(a) A typing course.
(b) A first aid course.
(c) A cooking course.
(d) A self defense course.
2. What does the Chawla family hear about a guava tree in Chapter 6?
(a) There is a large monkey living in one.
(b) There is a strange man living in one.
(c) The owner of the oldest guava tree outside town is cutting it down.
(d) They do not hear anything about a guava tree.
3. Where does Sampath work?
(a) The post office.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The library.
(d) His father’s bank
4. With what does Mr. Chawla become obsessed?
(a) How to find a high paying job for Sampath.
(b) Finding Sampath a wife with a huge dowry.
(c) How to take advantage of Sampath’s fame.
(d) How to get Sampath out of the tree.
5. What does the person investigating Sampath begin to suspect in Chapter 11?
(a) Sampath’s sister is the actual wise person.
(b) Sampath is using his mother and father.
(c) Sampath gets his powers from his mother’s food.
(d) Sampath might be the real thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Chawla realize is part of Sampath’s appeal?
2. What does Sampath mention to Jyotsna one day in Chapter 8?
3. To what food does Mr. Chawla compare Sampath?
4. What does the person who wants to expose Sampath as a fraud think might be true when he smells the air around the tree?
5. Why did Miss Jyotsna have to get new clothes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Chawla family first react to Sampath living in a tree, and what does Kulfi say about it?
2. Why is Sampath fired from his job?
3. What is the problem in Shahkot, India, and what are some of the ways the people think to try and solve the problem?
4. How does Mr. Chawla feel towards Sampath at breakfast in Chapter 3? What does he do, and what is Sampath’s response?
5. In Chapter 7, how does Sampath end up being considered a wise man?
6. Where does Sampath sneak off to during the wedding, and what does he do?
7. Why does the reporter from the atheist society think Sampath might be on drugs, and what does the reporter decide to do?
8. What kind of food is Kulfi feeding Sampath, and what does she do in order to cook it?
9. How does Sampath amaze Jyotsna with his knowledge?
10. Who helps Kulfi deliver her baby? What is distinguishing about the baby? What is he named?
This section contains 1,265 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)