|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is one of Sampath’s pictures published?
(a) In Life magazine.
(b) India News Weekly.
(c) Times of India.
(d) In People magazine.
2. What happens with the photos taken of Sampath?
(a) The photographer does not show them to anyone.
(b) Sampath gives them away.
(c) They become a popular item.
(d) No one wants them.
3. What does Pinky do when she meets up with the Hungry Hop boy in Chapter 11?
(a) Stabs him with her hair pin.
(b) Kicks him.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Bites part of his ear off.
4. What do Hungry Hop boy’s sisters do about Pinky in Chapter 17?
(a) Invite her inside.
(b) Tie up Hungry Hop boy.
(c) Chase her away.
(d) Call the police.
5. Who arrives in town at the beginning of Chapter 20?
(a) India’s president.
(b) A zoologist.
(c) The governor.
(d) The District Collector.
6. What do the monkeys do with all of Sampath’s mail?
(a) Read it.
(b) Bury it.
(c) Shred it.
(d) Open the envelopes.
7. What is Kulfi thinking about cooking in Chapter 21?
(a) Plain porridge.
(b) A guava pie.
(c) A monkey.
8. What do the monkeys do with the pots and pans in the compound?
(a) Bury them.
(b) Leave them alone.
(c) Put them in the river.
(d) Throw them all over.
9. What does the atheist spy do when Pinky stabs him with her hairpin?
(a) Leaves town.
(b) Goes to the clinic.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Takes her hair pin away.
10. In Chapter 16, what is bothering Sampath that is coming soon?
(a) The sale of the orchard.
(b) The summer.
(d) The monsoon.
11. In Chapter 16, what is there talk of building at the orchard?
(a) A new greenhouse.
(b) A movie theater.
(c) A parking lot.
(d) A concrete building.
12. How are the monkeys behaving in Chapter 16?
(a) The monkeys are gone.
(b) They are behaving like normal monkeys.
(c) They are still getting drunk.
(d) They are calm and sober.
13. What does Sampath insist about the monkeys in Chapter 14?
(a) They give him ideas for sermons.
(b) They should be taken somewhere else.
(c) They are not drunk.
(d) They are becoming a nuisance.
14. What does the town official tell Mr. Chawla about Rama?
(a) Rama does not believe natural places should have buildings on them.
(b) Rama does not believe in arranged marriages.
(c) There is a close association between Rama and monkeys.
(d) The town official does not mention Rama.
15. What is Sampath trying to do in Chapter 17 with which he is having a problem?
(a) Write his memoir.
(b) Convince his father to return to the bank.
(c) Eat all the food his mother gives him.
(d) Write a poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the secretary to the person who arrives in town at the beginning of Chapter 20?
2. Why does Kulfi cook less now that the monkeys are there?
3. What does Miss Jyotsna think about the monkeys?
4. For what does the Chawla family have enough money in Chapter 14?
5. What does the person who arrives in town at the beginning of Chapter 20 do?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)