|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plan does the Brigadier decide will solve the monkey problem?
(a) Have a firing squad continually shoot their guns off at the orchard.
(b) Have the people cleared out of the orchard and a plane dust the area with poison.
(c) Have sharp shooters kill the monkeys from a distance.
(d) He does not have a plan.
2. What town official does Mr. Chawla visit?
(a) The Chief Medical Officer.
(b) The Building Inspector.
(c) The Chief of Police.
(d) The Mayor.
3. What does Pinky decide to do as she watches the monkeys in Chapter 11?
(a) Start to live in the tree next to the one in which Sampath lives.
(b) Stay away from the orchard.
(c) Get to know the monkeys.
(d) Dress nicely and look for the Hungry Hop boy.
4. What does the new secretary tell the person who arrives in town at the beginning of Chapter 20?
(a) No one knows what to do with the orchard.
(b) The monkey controversy is terrible business.
(c) Sampath living in the orchard must stop.
(d) The town needs someone to take charge if the situation.
5. Why is the town official Mr. Chawla sees irritated at Mr. Chawla?
(a) Mr. Chawla has no authority about the orchard.
(b) Mr. Chawla is pushing his daughter at him.
(c) The official does not want anything built in the orchard.
(d) Mr. Chawla is rude and loud.
6. What does Pinky asks Sampath in Chapter 23?
(a) If he plans to go to the mountains.
(b) If he will come down from the tree for her wedding.
(c) If he plans to live in the orchard the rest of his life.
(d) If he wants to go to another town with her.
7. What does Pinky’s note make Hungry Hop boy think?
(a) She is not too bad of a criminal.
(b) She is slightly insane.
(c) She should live in the trees with her brother.
(d) She may be his true love.
8. How does Sampath win over the monkeys who arrive at the orchard?
(a) By feeding them fruit.
(b) By mimicking their behavior and sounds.
(c) By ignoring them.
(d) By playing games with them.
9. What is Sampath’s response to all the confusion with the plans and people?
(a) He leaves the orchard.
(b) He goes to sleep.
(c) He throws up.
(d) He joins the monkeys.
10. Why is Kulfi worried about Sampath in Chapter 22?
(a) She can see that he is sad.
(b) He has quit eating.
(c) He will miss his monkeys.
(d) He is no longer talking to anyone.
11. What does Pinky decide to write about to Hungry Hop boy?
(a) How they have known each other since they were children.
(b) How she would not bite him again if he would speak to her.
(c) How her brother lives in a tree.
(d) How she was not charged with a crime.
12. Where is the first meeting to consider a proposal about the monkey problem held?
(a) At the orchard.
(b) At the Brigadier.
(c) At the town hall.
(d) At the library.
13. Why is Mr. Chawla upset about the monkeys being in the orchard?
(a) It keeps many people away.
(b) They are very messy.
(c) Sampath speaks even less now that the monkeys are there.
(d) Mr. Chawla cannot sell and re-sell food because the monkeys eat it.
14. Who is the secretary to the person who arrives in town at the beginning of Chapter 20?
(b) Mr. Chawla.
(c) Mr. Gupta
(d) Hungry Hop Boy.
15. What religious temple takes up for the monkeys?
(a) The Hanuman Temple.
(b) The Orangutan of the Ninth Degree Tabernacle.
(c) The Rama Temple.
(d) The Shiva Temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Hungry Hop boy get the note to Pinky in Chapter 23?
2. What makes the monkeys go out of control in Chapter 13?
3. How did the man from the biology department try to capture monkeys once?
4. How does Pinky get her note to Hungry Hop boy?
5. Where have the monkeys raided in Chapter 21 looking for liquor?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)