|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is one of Sampath’s pictures published?
(a) In People magazine.
(b) In Life magazine.
(c) Times of India.
(d) India News Weekly.
2. How does Sampath win over the monkeys who arrive at the orchard?
(a) By playing games with them.
(b) By feeding them fruit.
(c) By mimicking their behavior and sounds.
(d) By ignoring them.
3. What does Pinky decide to write about to Hungry Hop boy?
(a) How her brother lives in a tree.
(b) How she was not charged with a crime.
(c) How she would not bite him again if he would speak to her.
(d) How they have known each other since they were children.
4. What does Hungry Hop boy begin giving Pinky?
(b) A new hair pin.
(c) A scarf for her hair.
(d) All the items in the bathroom.
5. How do the monkeys show they like Sampath?
(a) They bring their children to him.
(b) They tend to him and groom him.
(c) They hug him.
(d) They bring him fruit.
6. What do the monkeys do with the pots and pans in the compound?
(a) Throw them all over.
(b) Put them in the river.
(c) Bury them.
(d) Leave them alone.
7. What does Sampath feel as he looks at the beauty of the orchard in Chapter 16?
(a) He wonders if all of the world is so beautiful.
(b) He wants to learn to paint.
(c) The people ruin the beauty.
(d) He is becoming one with nature.
8. Why is Kulfi worried about Sampath in Chapter 22?
(a) She can see that he is sad.
(b) He has quit eating.
(c) He is no longer talking to anyone.
(d) He will miss his monkeys.
9. What do the monkeys do when the photographer is in the tree?
(a) They are very quiet and watchful.
(b) They attack the photographer.
(c) They try to get in the picture.
10. What do Hungry Hop boy’s sisters do about Pinky in Chapter 17?
(a) Invite her inside.
(b) Tie up Hungry Hop boy.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Chase her away.
11. Why is Verma’s plan rejected?
(a) No one wants to leave the orchard alone for two weeks.
(b) It is too unsanitary and violent.
(c) No one wants to burn so many trees.
(d) People want Sampath to stay where he is.
12. What is Sampath doing with Pinky in Chapter 16?
(a) Trying to console her.
(b) Teaching her how to talk with monkeys.
(c) Finding her a husband.
(d) Showing her how to sleep in a tree.
13. Who is the secretary to the person who arrives in town at the beginning of Chapter 20?
(a) Hungry Hop Boy.
(b) Mr. Chawla.
(c) Mr. Gupta
14. Where is the Hungry Hop boy at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) At his girlfriend’s house.
(b) At his mother’s house.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) At home.
15. What is the Brigadier doing to help with the plan in Chapter 22?
(a) Counting the number of monkeys involved.
(b) Training his soldiers.
(c) Interviewing the zoologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what is there talk of building at the orchard?
2. What organization is formed around the monkey controversy?
3. How do the monkeys act when they return to the compound in Chapter 15?
4. Where is the Hungry Hop boy at the beginning of Chapter 23?
5. What does Pinky’s note make Hungry Hop boy think?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)