|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Chawla send Pinky with Amma to the market?
(a) So Amma can get a set of dentures.
(b) So Amma can meet the man Pinky likes.
(c) So Amma can get Sampath new clothes.
(d) So Amma can advertise for Sampath.
2. What does the Chawla family do about their missing son?
(a) They call all his friends.
(b) They go to the police.
(c) They visit his girlfriend’s house.
(d) They wait for him to come home.
3. What does Sampath do with a pile of letters he is given in Chapter 4?
(a) Sorts them into piles by sender.
(b) Takes them to the post office.
(c) Steams them open and reads them.
(d) Reads them and takes notes for his boss.
4. In Chapter 4, why is Sampath told to come to work early the next day?
(a) He is getting overtime.
(b) His shift is changing to start an hour earlier.
(c) So he can take some documents across town by eight.
(d) He did not get all his work done.
5. What does Sampath finally do in Chapter 2 after he is unable to sleep?
(a) Goes on the roof.
(b) Turns the television off.
(c) Goes to his girlfriend’s house.
(d) Writes an application for another college.
6. To what food does Mr. Chawla compare Sampath?
(a) A cherry.
(b) An orange.
(c) A potato.
7. What does the newspaper say about Sampath in Chapter 7?
(a) He is mentally ill.
(b) He should return home.
(c) He is spiritual in nature and very wise.
(d) He is trespassing in the orchard.
8. What is distinguishing about Sampath when he is born?
(a) He does not cry.
(b) He has extremely long hair.
(c) A brown birthmark on one cheek.
(d) He has blue eyes.
9. What does Vermaji invent?
(a) A new kind of cricket bat.
(b) A large area humidifier.
(c) A giant fan.
(d) An electric car engine.
10. What does Mr. Chawla decide in Chapter 8 that Sampath could do for the family?
(a) Make a lot of money for the family.
(b) Get them into the movies.
(c) Get them into a bigger house.
(d) Make the family famous.
11. Where does Sampath work?
(a) His father’s bank
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The post office.
(d) The library.
12. How old is Kulfi Chawla?
13. What does Sampath find at the wedding when he sneaks into the house?
(a) A large sack of money.
(b) A letter from his mother to the bride’s father.
(c) The room where the bridesmaids got ready for the wedding.
(d) The bride and groom kissing.
14. On whom does Mr. Chawla blame Sampath’s behavior?
(a) On his daughter.
(b) On his wife.
(c) On Sampath’s former boss.
(d) On his mother.
15. How does Sampath feel when he bites into a guava after he gets off the bus?
(a) He feels at home and energized.
(b) He feels hungry.
(c) He misses his mother.
(d) He feels like a monkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police in Shahkot offer to sponsor?
2. What does the person investigating Sampath begin to suspect in Chapter 11?
3. What does Pinky do to a man who winks at her?
4. Where does the Chawla family seek help in Chapter 6?
5. What does Amma sell to visitors at the orchard in Chapter 10?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)