|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 - 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sampath feel as he looks at the beauty of the orchard in Chapter 16?
(a) He is becoming one with nature.
(b) The people ruin the beauty.
(c) He wonders if all of the world is so beautiful.
(d) He wants to learn to paint.
2. What does Kulfi offer Sampath when his father is criticizing him for his behavior at the wedding?
(a) A smile.
(b) A piece of advice.
(c) A fresh guava.
(d) A banana.
3. How are the monkeys behaving in Chapter 16?
(a) They are behaving like normal monkeys.
(b) The monkeys are gone.
(c) They are calm and sober.
(d) They are still getting drunk.
4. What does Miss Jyotsna think about the monkeys?
(a) She thinks they might be all right.
(b) She has no opinion about the monkeys.
(c) She defends the monkeys.
(d) She believes they are a danger.
5. What kind of books does Mr. Chawla buy in Chapter 1?
(a) Books on confronting family members.
(b) Books on how to find a new job.
(c) Books on babies.
(d) Books on motivating a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kulfi collect in the woods and ponds?
2. With what does Mr. Chawla become obsessed?
3. How does the Hungry Hop boy get the note to Pinky in Chapter 23?
4. When Sampath is first born, what does he seem like to Kulfi?
5. Why is Pinky sitting under the tamarind tree at the end of the book?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)