|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 - 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Chawla go to see a town official?
(a) To ask about a building permit.
(b) To find a husband for Pinky.
(c) To have something done about the monkeys.
(d) To have the orchard deeded over to Sampath.
2. In Chapter 23, on what day does Pinky tell the Hungry Hop boy to meet her?
(a) May 2.
(b) April 30.
(c) April 1.
(d) May 4.
3. Why is Verma’s plan rejected?
(a) No one wants to burn so many trees.
(b) It is too unsanitary and violent.
(c) No one wants to leave the orchard alone for two weeks.
(d) People want Sampath to stay where he is.
4. When living in the tree, how does Sampath get food at first?
(a) Pinky climbs up the tree with it.
(b) It is dropped by hand glider.
(c) One of the orchard pickers takes it to him.
(d) It is taken up by a local boy.
5. What does the note from the Hungry Hop boy to Pinky contain in Chapter 23?
(a) It tells her to stay away from his house.
(b) His schedule for the ice cream van.
(c) His pledge of undying love.
(d) His sisters’ plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sampath’s family going at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. What kind of course does Pinky want to take?
3. What does the person who wants to expose Sampath as a fraud think might be true when he smells the air around the tree?
4. What is Kulfi thinking about cooking in Chapter 21?
5. What happens when Pinky goes to the bazaar one day?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)