|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sampath know the food his mother cooks him is not poisonous?
(a) Mr. Chawla has chickens that taste the food first.
(b) His mother always eats a bite first.
(c) Mr. Chawla has a dog that eats it first.
(d) There is no reason to think the food might be poisonous.
2. What does Mr. Chawla sell to orchard visitors in Chapter 10?
(a) Flowers and garlands.
(b) Pendants with Sampath’s face on them.
(c) A book of wise saying by Sampath.
(d) Guava branches.
3. What do the two factions who oppose each other about the monkeys do?
(a) Sue and counter-sue each other.
(b) Begin to throw sticks at each other.
(c) Meet at the supreme court to settle the issue.
(d) Settle themselves at the base of Sampath’s tree.
4. What does Mr. Chawla realize is part of Sampath’s appeal?
(a) Sampath’s ability to make people laugh.
(b) That Sampath has rejected modern luxuries.
(c) Sampath’s apparent humility.
(d) That Sampath is kind to everyone.
5. What is Sampath’s response to all the confusion with the plans and people?
(a) He goes to sleep.
(b) He joins the monkeys.
(c) He leaves the orchard.
(d) He throws up.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Kulfi bribe the butcher?
2. What does Pinky do to a man who winks at her?
3. Where is one of Sampath’s pictures published?
4. In Chapter 16, what is bothering Sampath that is coming soon?
5. What is distinguishing about Sampath when he is born?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)