|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When living in the tree, how does Sampath get food at first?
(a) Pinky climbs up the tree with it.
(b) It is dropped by hand glider.
(c) It is taken up by a local boy.
(d) One of the orchard pickers takes it to him.
2. What does the monkey take from Amma at the market?
(a) Her new sari.
(b) Sampath’s new clothes.
(c) An advertising leaflet with Sampath’s picture on it.
(d) An ice cream cone.
3. What is Sampath looking at during breakfast one morning?
(a) His little sister’s clothes.
(b) A fly that has landed on his food.
(c) His father's book.
(d) His grandmother’s lack of teeth.
4. What does the man in the biology department of the university think when he reads in the paper about rampaging monkeys?
(a) He wonders if the monkeys have been eating mushrooms.
(b) How killing the lead monkey intimidated the others.
(c) He thinks the monkeys should be captured and taken to the jungle.
(d) He has no opinion about the monkeys.
5. Why does Kulfi cook less now that the monkeys are there?
(a) She is afraid of what her food will do to the monkeys.
(b) She thinks it is too dirty in the area.
(c) She is afraid they will invade her pots.
(d) Sampath is eating less of her food and more of the monkeys’ food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sampath do at a wedding he attends?
2. What does Sampath finally do in Chapter 2 after he is unable to sleep?
3. What does Amma sell to visitors at the orchard in Chapter 10?
4. What does Amma want Kulfi to do in Chapter 1?
5. Where does the Chawla family seek help in Chapter 6?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)