|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sampath insist about the monkeys in Chapter 14?
(a) They should be taken somewhere else.
(b) They give him ideas for sermons.
(c) They are not drunk.
(d) They are becoming a nuisance.
2. How does Sampath win over the monkeys who arrive at the orchard?
(a) By feeding them fruit.
(b) By playing games with them.
(c) By ignoring them.
(d) By mimicking their behavior and sounds.
3. For what does Mr. Chawla scold Sampath in Chapter 3?
(a) Because Sampath is too attached to Sampath’s mother.
(b) For Sampath’s inability to get a better job or a raise.
(c) Because Sampath did not get into the best college.
(d) For Sampath moping over his girlfriend.
4. What does Mr. Chawla do in the mornings before work?
(a) Exercise in the courtyard.
(b) Plays with his son.
(c) Does one half hour of meditation.
(d) Reads one chapter in a book.
5. What does Pinky do at the tree when she and Amma get back from the market?
(c) Curses Sampath..
(d) Climbs the trees and tries to push Sampath out of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Chawla send Pinky with Amma to the market?
2. How much money does the Chawla family begin to make off Sampath?
3. What does Sampath finally do in Chapter 2 after he is unable to sleep?
4. What is Sampath doing with Pinky in Chapter 16?
5. In Chapter 5, what does Sampath tell his mother he wants?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)