|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Chawla send Pinky with Amma to the market?
(a) So Amma can get Sampath new clothes.
(b) So Amma can advertise for Sampath.
(c) So Amma can get a set of dentures.
(d) So Amma can meet the man Pinky likes.
2. What does Mr. Chawla sell to orchard visitors in Chapter 10?
(a) Flowers and garlands.
(b) Guava branches.
(c) A book of wise saying by Sampath.
(d) Pendants with Sampath’s face on them.
3. How much money does the Chawla family begin to make off Sampath?
(a) They do not make any money off Sampath.
(b) Enough to put huge amounts into a savings account.
(c) Just a little money.
(d) More than Mr. Chawla makes at his job.
4. What does Sampath do before he returns to the wedding party?
(a) Hides the sack of money.
(b) Puts on a sari and a jeweled nose ring.
(c) Pretends to blackmail the bride and groom.
(d) Reads the letter from his mother.
5. Where does Sampath fall asleep in Chapter 6?
(a) At a table in the library.
(b) At a youth hostel.
(c) In the branch of a guava tree.
(d) In a shed in the on a farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what dos Mr. Chawla line the windows?
2. What does the Chawla family do about their missing son?
3. Why did Miss Jyotsna have to get new clothes?
4. How old is Kulfi Chawla?
5. What does Mr. Chawla do in the mornings before work?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)