|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Chawla complain to his mother in Chapter 1?
(a) His mother arranged his marriage.
(b) His wife will not clean the house.
(c) His sister continues to steal money from him.
(d) His boss wants him to work too many hours.
2. To what food does Mr. Chawla compare Sampath?
(a) An orange.
(b) A cherry.
(c) A potato.
3. What does the local holy man tell the family in Chapter 7?
(a) To leave the boy alone.
(b) To sit near Sampath and meditate.
(c) To find Sampath a wife.
(d) To have Sampath committed to an institute.
4. Where is Sampath’s family going at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) On vacation.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) His grandparents’ house.
(d) A wedding.
5. What does Amma want Kulfi to do in Chapter 1?
(a) Take herbs and sing.
(b) Sit down and watch television.
(d) Take vitamins.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Mr. Chawla scold Sampath in Chapter 3?
2. What does the newspaper say about Sampath in Chapter 7?
3. What does Pinky do at the tree when she and Amma get back from the market?
4. When Sampath’s family and others gather beneath the tree in Chapter 7, what does Sampath say?
5. How old is Kulfi Chawla?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)