|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is distinguishing about Sampath when he is born?
(a) He has blue eyes.
(b) A brown birthmark on one cheek.
(c) He does not cry.
(d) He has extremely long hair.
2. Why is Sampath miserable at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) He did not get accepted at the college he wanted.
(b) There is a heat wave.
(c) His girlfriend broke up with him.
(d) He cannot find a job.
3. What kind of pictures does Kulfi draw?
(a) Pictures of babies.
(b) Pictures of animals.
(c) Pictures of food.
(d) Pictures of landscapes.
4. What does the rising sun in Chapter 2 reveal to Sampath?
(a) His best friend washing his car.
(b) His father returning to the house.
(c) The ugly parts of his neighborhood.
(d) His grandmother in the back yard.
5. What is keeping Sampath awake in Chapter 2?
(a) His family snoring.
(b) His father yelling at a neighbor.
(c) His mother watching television.
(d) His grandmother moaning in pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Chawla work?
2. What does Amma want Kulfi to do in Chapter 1?
3. With what dos Mr. Chawla line the windows?
4. As shown in Chapter 2, what does Mr. Chawla demand from his family?
5. What do the police in Shahkot offer to sponsor?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)