|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the newspaper say about Sampath in Chapter 7?
(a) He should return home.
(b) He is mentally ill.
(c) He is spiritual in nature and very wise.
(d) He is trespassing in the orchard.
2. On whom does Mr. Chawla blame Sampath’s behavior?
(a) On his mother.
(b) On his daughter.
(c) On Sampath’s former boss.
(d) On his wife.
3. What picture does Sampath think about on his way home from work in Chapter 4?
(a) A picture of a huge mansion.
(b) An ape with a very big, red bottom.
(c) A beautiful princess.
(d) A painting done by his mother.
4. Why is Sampath miserable at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) His girlfriend broke up with him.
(b) He did not get accepted at the college he wanted.
(c) There is a heat wave.
(d) He cannot find a job.
5. What does the local holy man tell the family in Chapter 7?
(a) To leave the boy alone.
(b) To find Sampath a wife.
(c) To have Sampath committed to an institute.
(d) To sit near Sampath and meditate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kulfi tell the rest of the family about Sampath in Chapter 6?
2. What is Sampath looking at during breakfast one morning?
3. What does Vermaji invent?
4. For what does Mr. Chawla scold Sampath in Chapter 3?
5. What kind of pictures does Kulfi draw?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)