|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What amazes the people about the monkeys around Sampath?
(a) That they seem to be very wise.
(b) How tame they have become.
(c) That they do not bother anyone in the orchard.
(d) That they obey Sampath’s orders.
2. What religious temple takes up for the monkeys?
(a) The Hanuman Temple.
(b) The Orangutan of the Ninth Degree Tabernacle.
(c) The Rama Temple.
(d) The Shiva Temple.
3. Why does Kulfi cook less now that the monkeys are there?
(a) Sampath is eating less of her food and more of the monkeys’ food.
(b) She is afraid they will invade her pots.
(c) She thinks it is too dirty in the area.
(d) She is afraid of what her food will do to the monkeys.
4. Where does Sampath fall asleep in Chapter 6?
(a) In the branch of a guava tree.
(b) At a youth hostel.
(c) In a shed in the on a farm.
(d) At a table in the library.
5. What does Pinky decide to do as she watches the monkeys in Chapter 11?
(a) Get to know the monkeys.
(b) Stay away from the orchard.
(c) Start to live in the tree next to the one in which Sampath lives.
(d) Dress nicely and look for the Hungry Hop boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Chawla upset about the monkeys being in the orchard?
2. How is the furor over the monkeys affecting Sampath?
3. What organization is formed around the monkey controversy?
4. How does Pinky feel about her brother’s behavior in Chapter 6?
5. What does the Chawla family do about their missing son?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)