1. For what is everyone in Shahkot hoping at the beginning of the book?
(b) Warmer weather.
(c) The president will visit.
(d) More jobs.
2. What does Vermaji invent?
(a) An electric car engine.
(b) A giant fan.
(c) A new kind of cricket bat.
(d) A large area humidifier.
3. What do the police in Shahkot offer to sponsor?
(a) A pre-cricket match dance.
(b) A self-defense course.
(c) A registration of children in town.
(d) A frog wedding.
4. How old is Kulfi Chawla?
5. What does Kulfi think about all the time?
(b) Her father’s illness.
(c) The captain of the cricket team.
(d) How to get away from her hometown.
6. Why does Mr. Chawla complain to his mother in Chapter 1?
(a) His sister continues to steal money from him.
(b) His mother arranged his marriage.
(c) His boss wants him to work too many hours.
(d) His wife will not clean the house.
7. With what does Kulfi bribe the butcher?
(b) That she will date his son
(c) With an extra tip.
(d) A pretty smile.
This section contains 6,026 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)